Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2002 Ducati Monster 900 i.e. is starting to stall whenever I'm not on the throttle. It seems to happen whenever it gets above a certain temperature (240 degrees or so) and has even happened in high gears (at 70 mph) when not using the throttle.

When I come to stop lights, etc, if I use the choke, it will keep the engine running. Not sure if this is a case of overheating or if it's got something to do with the flow of air or fuel into the manifold. Any ideas about the problem are greatly appreciated...

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Reread your PM on SBN, you forgot the word 'forum' in the URL. you won't get an answer here either.

Aaron

·
Registered
3 Posts
stalling problem

did you ever find out what was wrong with your bike? i have the same problem. it's very frustrating and my local ducati mechanic can figure it out either.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My 900 was doing this...The throttle body equalization ports or whatever they're called that everyone removes when they do the emissions delete were loose. The previous owner had gotten the bike serviced and they set the idle and computer to run with those ports loose. When I took all the emissions stuff off I noticed they were loose, but went on plugging the port holes as usual with bolts. After I did that it started running like you're talking about. I took it to the shop and they put it on their carbon sniffer I think they called it and reset the fuel air mixtures and the idle and all that. Been running like new ever since. It had been set up to run with that extra air sneaking in, so when I plugged the holes it was running so rich it was flooding out.
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts