Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I'm not sure you're going to have much luck. I've only ever seen two guys on this site with Monster Art Kits. My Orange set and another guy who got a real pretty red one. I was able to get mine at 15% off at the dealer I bought the bike from, you can always give that a try.

They're sweet though!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are definitely sweeeeet!

I don't think my wife would want to do a swap. She'd rather have different color sets to match her mood! hahaha

I'll try my dealer next time I stop by there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yea the dealer is prob the only place to get the color therapy. Or just goin to the paint shop and ask how much it would cost to paint it. But some dealers offer a discount if you purchased the bike with them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was at the dealership over the weekend. They offered me 15% off on accessories, I am interested in buying two color therapy kits. However I would have to pay sales tax, I am surprized that there are no online discount parts seller for Ducati.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Two kits, wow. How cool would it be if this was the way bike designs started going. Replacable plastics so you can change to whatever color you want. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to swap them out, although you are suppose to put Loctite on with the Front fender. Which means you'd have to let that dry.

I wouldn't mind having the Pearl White plastics as well but I'm not sure I'd change the plastics enough to spend that much money.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think the tank cover makes the biggest difference. That is the reason I am planning to buy the black M1100 so I that I can just change the tank and I am good to go. Also I don't understand what Ducati was thinking when they gave Red Trellis....How bad would yellow and orange kit look with red trellis..Maybe the designer was color blind.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was also offered 15% off when I bought the bike on any accessories and I thought that was pretty fair. Not sure if it is a corporate requirement but I doubt you will see many Ducati dealers hacking prices against other dealers on DP parts. They don't make alot of cash on bikes and we need them to make some money somewhere. They already have a tough road because so many things they offer can be purchased in the aftermarket much cheaper. When I was looking for a tailbag everyone quoted me pretty much the same price except where I bought the bike. Ended up going with an Axio anyway. Looks like it was made for the bike.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I think the tank cover makes the biggest difference. That is the reason I am planning to buy the black M1100 so I that I can just change the tank and I am good to go. Also I don't understand what Ducati was thinking when they gave Red Trellis....How bad would yellow and orange kit look with red trellis..Maybe the designer was color blind.
I have a silver 1100 and love the red frame. Sets the bike apart and sure, some of the color therapy kits would look weird but I am thinking black, red, and pearl white would be awesome. Saw a Pearl White/red frame at the recent motorcycle show in Vancouver and it was gorgeous.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts