Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Ducati performance Led turn signals (96680961AA) on my Ducati Monster 821 2020

When engine is NOT running they work perfect (just contact)
But when i turn engine on they start to work funnky...:(

Video with just contact....
VIDEO

Video with engine running...
VIDEO 2

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
487 Posts
What your seeing is what an extra 1.5v does to the circuit....engine off ~12volts...engine running is closer to 13.5volts...id start with complaining to the manufacturer...post a wire diagram If you got one...putting in a bigger resistor if possible could lower the voltage...also... it was likely engineered for 12v rather than the 13.5-14.3 the system operates at...thinking out loud on this one

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you find a solution for the problem? I have the same problem with the LEDs 96680961AA on my Ducati Monster 821 MY 2019. Light starts to run faster , since engine is on. When the engine is off , light runs with normal speed. Thought it would be plug&play... But it seems not.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you find a solution for the problem? I have the same problem with the LEDs 96680961AA on my Ducati Monster 821 MY 2019. Light starts to run faster , since engine is on. When the engine is off , light runs with normal speed. Thought it would be plug&play... But it seems not.

Thanks
Hy Andi....
I didn't find any solution for fast flashing problem....
I tried everything ( all values of capacitors, resistors but nothing ) , i contact Ducati and Ducati performance but no answer...
You try in your country to contact support or if you find any solution please let me know ,because i don't know what to do.....

my email if you find something [email protected]

·
Registered
133 Posts
What you could try is put a doide in series with the turn signal, voltage on the signal will drop by 0.7V
Maybe just enough to solve the issue.
E.g 1N4001

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi eliozadar,

Thanks for the quick response. I am sorry to hear you tried everything without success. At least I do not need to test it with different resistors. Because the problem is new to me, I am willing to try out some different actions, including texting Ducati and my Mechanical. If I will find a solution I will surely give you my feedback.

Can you tell me which battery voltage your machine shows on / off in the info menu?

Is the problem at front and rear turn-indicator in your case? At my Bike, that's the case.

Thanks
Andi

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What you could try is put a doide in series with the turn signal, voltage on the signal will drop by 0.7V
Maybe just enough to solve the issue.
E.g 1N4001
I dot think that voltage is problem, maybe impulse or some kind signal, because this thing only happen when you give some throttle ,and some time on idle works normal, then again doesent work normal ....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi eliozadar,

Thanks for the quick response. I am sorry to hear you tried everything without success. At least I do not need to test it with different resistors. Because the problem is new to me, I am willing to try out some different actions, including texting Ducati and my Mechanical. If I will find a solution I will surely give you my feedback.

Can you tell me which battery voltage your machine shows on / off in the info menu?

Is the problem at front and rear turn-indicator in your case? At my Bike, that's the case.

Thanks
Andi

Voltage on is 12.7 and when motor is running is 13.7....

Problem is same in FRONT and REAR , I tried all solution LED FRONT - Factory back and other way around and is the same thing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts