Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a Ducati Monster 696 Smoked Plexiglass Windshield (96767809B)? If yes, do you like it and could you post a picture (with it on the bike)? Thks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey,
I ended up ordering this exact plexiglass windshield for my 1100 evo and haven't received it yet. Did you ever buy it? If so, does it look ok? If you have some pictures i would love to see it. Thanks!

Rob

·
Registered
650 Posts
You realize that this thread is over 3 years old right ? :)

I just painted my stock windscreen black, and think it looks great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi. yes, i realized it was an old thread.... but it puts it up at the top of the "active topics" list if you reply to it. I was hoping someone else bought that windscreen and could tell me how they like it. I bought it directly from Ducati, however it doesn't tell you much about it. (like if it's bigger or whatnot) etc etc...

So it looks good painted, huh?

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'll post a picture once I get home.

·
Registered
30 Posts
awesome, thanks. Also, since im fairly new to the motorcycle world in general... i noticed that one of your upgrades is the 14tooth front sprocket. World of difference?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Here is a pic of mine I got from monster parts. If you want any certain angles let me know

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
awesome, thanks. Also, since im fairly new to the motorcycle world in general... i noticed that one of your upgrades is the 14tooth front sprocket. World of difference?
14T is one info the best mods you can do and it's cheap! Makes riding around town in 1-2 gear MUCH better

·
Registered
650 Posts
i noticed that one of your upgrades is the 14tooth front sprocket. World of difference?
I highly recommend it if you are doing a lot of city style, stop and go driving. It smoothes out the low rpm range so much. It honestly is like driving a completely different motorcycle. However, I didn't mind the way the bike was before, but it would be easy enough to switch back if I wanted. I haven't noticed any loss of speed but I'm never hitting triple-digits on my speedometer. Meanwhile acceleration actually feels more responsive.

·
Registered
143 Posts
This thread needs more pictures of blacked out windshields.

·
Registered
650 Posts
This thread needs more pictures of blacked out windshields.
Ask, and you shall receive ! Not the greatest, but it's all I have for now.
I used 3 coats of krylon automotive matte black, with 3 coats of clear on top.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is a pic of the dark smoke tinted windscreen (thanks Monster Parts). I know, still need to shorten front turn signals and Plasti Dip the headlight - waiting for the weather to get a bit warmer.

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
Inside view of smoked windscreen, note the mileage :p

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Not the best pic, and it doesnt do it justice, but flat black paint inside and out on the windshield.

I usually paint the insides of my widshields with gloss black and they turn out looking great!

For this bike after spraying the inside with matte black paint it was still "glossy" on the outside due to the clear plastic giving it a glean.

The inside looked so good flat black I did the outside, mounted it and love it! Matched the rest of the bike perfect!

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
That looks pretty sweet, seems like it might even make the gauges a little easier to read during certain parts of the day. How do you like you Rizoma handle bars?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Thanks, yeah it can help depending on the angle of the sun light.

I like the Rizoma setup a lot, with the 42mm risers it lowered the bar some but not too aggressive like with clipons. The bar is almost the same as OEM with slight bend further back...looks much nicer IMO.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts