Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i recently hit a kangaroo with my ducati monster and the dash cluster was never recoverd from the site of my accident. can anyone point me in the right direction on getting a new dash cluster. i did not know about the red key so when i purchesd the bike all i have is two black keys. do i need to buy a whole new ecu etc thanks luke

·
Registered
291 Posts
I believe you will need only a new dash if it's a 696. I have no idea what a 659 is. Pretty sure they don't sell them here. If you can salvage the old dash from the scene, no matter how damaged, it may open up more options for making things work again. However I would definitely push the kangaroo's insurance company to make sure you get everything repaired by a professional using only genuine OEM factory replacement parts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey, i recently hit a kangaroo with my ducati monster and the dash cluster was never recoverd from the site of my accident. can anyone point me in the right direction on getting a new dash cluster. i did not know about the red key so when i purchesd the bike all i have is two black keys. do i need to buy a whole new ecu etc thanks luke
Ouch! I was quoted $6000 from the dealer here in Canberra to replace the dash without a red key, you need dash, ecu, lock kit because a new dash can't be coded without the red key. If you go somewhere like Brad the bike boy he can flash your ecu and disable the immobiliser, then you can put a new one or second one on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts