Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Desmowners,

In a nutshell, I've recently bought the Monster 1200 R (love at first sight) with the original carbon Termignoni exhaust. The seller told me that I should by the DDS Map Key in order to execute the re-map in return of better performance.

This makes sense to me, however it is not easy to find a new DDS Map Key and I am trying to figure out if a second-hand one would be also fine. (I assume I have to look for the DDS Key specific for my exhaust e.g. 96480921A)

Hence my question is, did anybody face the same experience and if so, could you please give me more details and explain how did you deal with it?

Many thanks and see you at WDW 2022!!!

·
Super Moderator
820 Posts
Ciao! Not sure, but your DDS Map Key would have to be installed by the dealer. UpMap may be an option for you. I believe 1200R is supported:

Non vedo l'ora del WDW2022!

·
Registered
764 Posts
The original Key should have been included with the Termi. It's not sold separately.
I know that a few Termi's were sold on Ebay without the key. Questionable sales but that's just my opinion.
You should ask the seller for the key (or at least an explanation why he does not have it).
In that absence, your solutions are: Rapidbike unit, Rexxer flash, or T800 upmap.

Reactions: Kappo94

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was told by my Ducati Dealer transfering the Map Key can be done if fitted to the machines ECU

The ECU has a code and that is the Key.

The dealer will then print off the code and remove the Key from the ECU, this code can then be transferred to another ECU.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The standard exhaust is not the carbon Termi one. That is an OEM upgrade but would have come with the up map when bought and needs to be installed by a dealer using s laptop as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure you can buy the up map on its own though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts