Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Its my understanding that the forks from the 796, 1100S, and 1100EVO are interchangeable. Are the internals interchangeable as well? I'd like to convert my 796's to adjustable forks without completely changing the forks themselves. Can I take internals from an 1100EVO and for them in my 796 canisters?

Thanks!!! I hope everyone is riding safe and making great headway on their current projects/upgrades! :D

·
Registered
881 Posts
Normally you can’t just change the guts between different forks to make non adjustable forks adjustable because the lower legs are different. Andreani and others sell adjustable cartridges for your stock forks, not cheap.
There are suspension builders that will modify your forks to work really well for your weight and riding style. Around $400 from what I’ve heard.
Swapping complete adjustable forks from another model is probably do-able. The forks must fit in your triples, and your wheel, axle, brakes need to be the same to avoid a lot of additional screwing around and expense

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally you can’t just change the guts between different forks to make non adjustable forks adjustable because the lower legs are different. Andreani and others sell adjustable cartridges for your stock forks, not cheap.
There are suspension builders that will modify your forks to work really well for your weight and riding style. Around $400 from what I’ve heard.
Swapping complete adjustable forks from another model is probably do-able. The forks must fit in your triples, and your wheel, axle, brakes need to be the same to avoid a lot of additional screwing around and expense
I saw the Andreani set... like you set... expensive. Lol the reason why I ask is because I came across some internals on eBay for the 1100evo but also came across a full set too. From what I understand most parts for this generation of monsters are interchangeable.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Interchangeable, you can remove the complete non adjustable fork legs and install the complete adjustable fork legs. Should be easy if they came off the same bike. Axle has to match, brake mounts have to match, triple tree diameter must be correct , top and bottom Can be different.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interchangeable, you can remove the complete non adjustable fork legs and install the complete adjustable fork legs. Should be easy if they came off the same bike. Axle has to match, brake mounts have to match, triple tree diameter must be correct , top and bottom Can be different.
Awesome! Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts