Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

ok here are some pics of my bike, i uploaded some other ones as well in the photo gallery.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
cool. Is this just a repaint + pipes? anything else? what are the mods? Or am I way off, is this a factory/custom bike (FBF).

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool. Is this just a repaint + pipes? anything else? what are the mods? Or am I way off, is this a factory/custom bike (FBF).
its factory besides the pipes, i saw a 998 matrix, that thing was beautiful. Nice bike

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Nice paint man! I'm digging that! I think it looks better on the Monster than on the faired bikes if you ask me. Good job!

Wait, I just noted the code on the Ducati logo...that's cool!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
okay. I'm dumb. Had never known that ducati released a version for the monster too... I always thought it was just the 996/8

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it is factory paint. it is a limited edition they came out with. i got a chance to get one when i had a yellow duc on order and it wasn't much more so i took the opportunity up on it. honestly, the pictures do it no justice. it really is a beautiful bike. i'm not obsessed with the matrix but it is a nice bike.

as far as mods go, i am currently working on that aspect. not much done yet. pipes, carbon side panels, anodized gold oil and frame plugs, fbf lowering kit because i'm too darn short, i have a new belt cover on the way, cyclecat frame sliders and i think that is about it for now. i have so many mods i want to do to her. she has got to get some new rearsets!!!!

thanks for the compliments.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet bike!!! It defintely looks bettter on the Monster than the faired bike.

I loved those movies.

Keep us posted as to the changes. The fastest and best performing Matrix Monster would be a great thing to own.

BTY, how much more was the matrix version vs the standard 620?

Tom.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
like i said i got a killer deal probably due to the fact i purchased two bikes at once. me and literleaner went to pick up his s4r right before christmas and i at the time had an 04 yellow monster on order. the opportunity was given to me for an extra 500.00 i could have the matrix edition. i thought about it for about 5 seconds and then got all gidy and excited like a little girl and said yes who is the check made out to. ;D

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I was offered a test ride on the 998 at DTY of Marin... I think the Monster looks good, but I like the 998 a little more :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to agree with Ally, I like the Monster, but there is something about that expanse of green on the 998 that just looks fantastic! It almost won out over the S4R when I saw it the first time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That Liter dude is one lucky DUC :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that a frame slider near the passenger pegs?

actually it is a shock bumper from a car. when i first got her i was so paranoid about hitting my pipes so my dealer put them on for some extra protection. just haven't taken them off yet. i'll probably leave them on until i get the new rearsets.

as for cost, i couldn't tell you what they are running for usually but i got mine for a little more than an 04 yellow 620. which was a killer deal for all the upgrades she came with.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
It is a really nice shade of green. They still have one on the floor at Charlotte BMW-Ducati.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts