Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ducati Monster M900 Dark I.E. on which I recently had a "spill" (God damn those wet roads) and I bent my bars.... been looking for replacements and managed to lay my hands on some chrome Ducati Monster bars (I think from a 2000 M900) and some matt black renthal ones - both look the part and fit well but i've found they haven't got the holes drilled in them to accomodate the 'control nubs' on the throttle, the emergency cut off-switch or the light/indicator controls.

Is it worthwhile 'deburring' or 'shaving' off these guide pins to allow them to slide on effectively to these bars i've bought, should I try and drill into the actual bars or are both plans foolish and likely to back-fire and foul up my bike further?

Thanks for your time.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
File off the guiding pins. The controls will still grip the bars. I've done it with mine and all has been good for four years. Allows better placement of controls too. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
howie said:
Also use tape under the controls to give traction and do not over tighten
Either that or I cut small strips from soda cans to work as shims.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The controls on my ST2 no longer have the locating pins. I put a narrow strip of duct tape under each side to help keep them in place.

And let me echo the comment about not over tightening them. If you get them too tight, you'll have issues with the horn button and starter button sticking down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts