Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I did not find a southeastern forum. Been out of the forum for some time.

So i decided to get back to it out of pure frustration and desire to put it out.

I started getting the "check engine" light on my dashboard so I was playing around with the bike seeing if I could make it go myself but it kept coming back, so I decided to go and visit a dealership.

Long story short, I never liked Barnett's, I have no problem with Ian (the tech kid), he may not be very attentive but he's ok, but the management and parts people, I just don't get them. So I decide to try this new Ducati Raleigh place. Last week I talked to the bald guy and the tech, pretty cool guys. Hooked up the monster and in 5 minutes they told me what the problem is and so, that was that.

So today I went back to ask for the parts I need and the condition of my bikes warranty (2011 Monster 769) and this Garret dude was just a jerk, what a surprise. I guess that is one pre-requisite Ducati has for their dealership managers, you have to be a jerk.

Any way, I am just venting out. One think is for sure, I am just not getting any business with any of them anytime in the future, pity for the tech guys, I know they are just doing their best.

I wonder how a ducatista gets to be a ducatista with these people representing the brand.

Happy motoring everyone.

Pablo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I did not find a southeastern forum. Been out of the forum for some time.

So i decided to get back to it out of pure frustration and desire to put it out.

I started getting the "check engine" light on my dashboard so I was playing around with the bike seeing if I could make it go myself but it kept coming back, so I decided to go and visit a dealership.

Long story short, I never liked Barnett's, I have no problem with Ian (the tech kid), he may not be very attentive but he's ok, but the management and parts people, I just don't get them. So I decide to try this new Ducati Raleigh place. Last week I talked to the bald guy and the tech, pretty cool guys. Hooked up the monster and in 5 minutes they told me what the problem is and so, that was that.

So today I went back to ask for the parts I need and the condition of my bikes warranty (2011 Monster 769) and this Garret dude was just a jerk, what a surprise. I guess that is one pre-requisite Ducati has for their dealership managers, you have to be a jerk.

Any way, I am just venting out. One think is for sure, I am just not getting any business with any of them anytime in the future, pity for the tech guys, I know they are just doing their best.

I wonder how a ducatista gets to be a ducatista with these people representing the brand.

Happy motoring everyone.

Pablo
I don't get it. What's your issue with the bike and how was the sale manager a jerk to you? You probably shouldn't just flame a person by name if you can't give the details. Your story sounds fishy... If it's covered under warranty, then it's covered. What does the sales manager have to do with it? My guess is, you f'd something up and were told it wouldn't be covered by warranty and threw a hissy fit judging by this post.

Ducati of Raleigh is 100 times better then Barnett's. Barnett's is a joke of a dealership.... talk about giving Ducati a bad name.

BTW, there is a NC subforum...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your replay no-name-man. I do not think giving the details is going to fix something.

But since you are so eager to know what i ****ed up (and i could write it); the exhaust valve motor rusted in my monster. And I would expect an European bike to be good to go in the rain. If my mess up was to ride rain or shine well then it is true, I will go with a BMW the for my next bike.

As I mentioned before, just wanted to bent it out, if you love the service at Ducati Raleigh, that's fine by me. I do not and that is just what it is.

Happy motoring and be safe.

PS. And know i remember why i don't do forums anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you for your replay no-name-man. I do not think giving the details is going to fix something.

But since you are so eager to know what i ****ed up (and i could write it); the exhaust valve motor rusted in my monster. And I would expect an European bike to be good to go in the rain. If my mess up was to ride rain or shine well then it is true, I will go with a BMW the for my next bike.

As I mentioned before, just wanted to bent it out, if you love the service at Ducati Raleigh, that's fine by me. I do not and that is just what it is.

Happy motoring and be safe.

PS. And know i remember why i don't do forums anymore.
You should definitely go buy yourself a BMW... you had a bad interaction with a sales person and you started a thread on a forum? This isnt the bad customer service hotline buddy. I'm failing to recognize why you started a pointless thread on this? Maybe the reason why you got bad customer service is because you immediately reach for the dramatic solution?

·
Premium Member
2012 Ducati Monster 1100 evo
63 Posts
I have some issues with this shop also. Parts not installed that I was told were installed, bolts left off, etc. Maybe its me, but regardless I need to find another shop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had good experiences with Garrett... I bought a BMW R1200GS from him and a Ducati Monster... and he has always taken care of me...

By the way he is also the General Manager at Capitol BMW.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ducati Raleigh has been good to me from the sales and tech staff to Garrett. The guy even remembers my name when I come in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts