Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let the rest of you know: Ducati HAS apparently been quietly having dealers replace the leak-prone Fiamm batteries on the 2002 era Monsters.

After reading the lengthy (36 page) posting on the battery issue, I checked the battery in my brand new (3 weeks old) 2002 S4 tonight after returning from a business trip. It is the Yuasa battery that the posting recommended be used as the replacement for the Fiamm.

Jeff at Austin Ducati evidently made the swap long before I bought the S4 3 weeks ago, while it was still on the showroom floor.

Might give some publicity and precedent ammunition to some of you who have been having trouble getting Ducati and your local dealer to make the swap.

Jim G

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Local dealer swapped mine just last week. However, I had to ask and it was in for service in January with no mention.

They have instructions to swap batteries as they uncrate new bikes but I don't think there's been much communication from DNA on bikes that are on the street. They made a phone call for authorization to swap mine. It was given on the spot.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow up: I talked again with my dealer about this today when I stopped by for some chain lube, and the mechanic told me that the problem has apaprently been restricted to 2 models: the S4 and the 620. Interesting.

Jim G

1 - 3 of 3 Posts