Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just bought a used Monster and would like to get my own Ducati Desmo Owners Card...Anybody know how I can go about getting one?

Also, does anyone have the number for Ducati North America? I want to call to try to fanagle some stuff ;)

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Just remember, it will take a while. I sent Ducati Spa the required copies of sales paperwork and registration around November, and got the card around April.

Also, if you have to send similar paperwork to them, email it as attachments after scanning the documents into your computer - cheaper than faxing to Italy over a long distance phone line ;D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Also, does anyone have the number for Ducati North America? I want to call to try to fanagle some stuff ;)
I hate to tell you, but you should feel lucky if you even get a hold of them. Then consider yourself special if they give you a return call. I heard nothin but horror stories about DNA. I bought my bike in March, just got my DOC card in November. That was after countless e-mails and phone calls to Ducati and DNA. Best of luck to ya!

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I have noticed a BIG improvement in DNA in the last few months.
So hopefully things are changing for the better.

I dont think you're gonna have much luck with them trying to get the free stuff they owe you because you bought a used ducati. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Ducati North America, actually left 2 messages on my AM, while I was at work, after I sent them an email THAT morning!!! Then I called them when I got home and they were very nice and asked about the issue at hand, and if it had been resolved, which it was that day. this was my first dealings with them and quite a happy one.

The number is....408-253-0499...

GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I have noticed a BIG improvement in DNA in the last few months.
So hopefully things are changing for the better.

I dont think you're gonna have much luck with them trying to get the free stuff they owe you because you bought a used ducati.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I have somewhat of an "inline" communication with DNA's marketing dept. As far as the warranty stuff is concerned, can't help you in that dept.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the quick advice!! Gonna fill out the form and wait...No other choice :-/

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
It took my DOC card about 6 months to arrive. As far as I know that comes from Italy, cause thats where I had to send my little proof of ownership card. Thier excuse was that they shipped it to the wrong address the first time????

·
Registered
599 Posts
Aside from the possible service voucher, what "free stuff" is everyone talking about? Also, I bought my first bike last may and wrecked it, then bought another in June. I recieved both of the cards the same day a couple of months ago. In fact, the day mine came, everyone was posting about how theres had come in that same day. Sounds like they wait 'till they got a big pile and send 'em all out at the same time.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I think the DOC stuff is just like their bikes were years ago and parts still are sometimes - if you ask about something, "its on the boat". Which is supposed to mean it shipped, but I think really interprets as "if you're lucky, now that you reminded us, we will try to get to it next week".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts