Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went into the library for no more than 5 minutes and i came outside and some soccer mom had knocked over my baby with her minivan... some lady who saw it happen said she was sorry and i should park it somewhere else, i almost smacked her, i was still so mad...
damage is front left peg broken in half .. clutch lever broken in half and a small dent on the left side of the tank right where the handle almost touches it when turned to the left, anyone have an idea of how much this will cost to get fixed? thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
Damn that sucks...
Did you get all her info.. make herpay for the damages...then some (new mods)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didnt talk to her.. people that saw her do it said she took off without knowing she even knocked it over :(

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How could she have said that you shouldn't have parked it there if she didn't know she hit it?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry i messed up when i typed.. i meant to say some lady that was standing around said that. :(

·
Registered
827 Posts
I feel your pain. I just dented my tank last week. Although I'm not sure which would be worse, being mad at some lady for knocking it over or being mad at yourself for knocking it over.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where can i order a replacement clutch lever and left peg?
also if i get progrips will it cover up the messed up left edge of my stock grips?

·
Registered
852 Posts
That sucks! Oh well, the other day the security guy saw some parents putting their KIDS on my bike on the CC camera... Result: one scratch on the tank. :mad:

He ran to the garage but they were already gone.

By the way, I second Ducati Seattle. I think Dave R lurks on this forum, too.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
That really sux !! So she basicaly left the scene ??!! no one thought about getting her license plate number.... bummer man..
Not sure what year your Monster is but we have a left rubber coated peg or a pair of metal ones that we had anodised black..
We also have standard non adjustable clutch lever in black for any year needed and a few choices in less expensive adjustable aftermarket ones.. Give Jon or Tim a call in parts and they get them right out to you. 1 877 298-9995 toll free

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I will go buy a small cheap camera to keep in my leathers for just such an emergency.

Sorry to hear about that. Some people are just a..holes.

Tom.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X [smiley=veryangry.gif] [smiley=veryangry.gif] [smiley=veryangry.gif]

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*uckers.... Had that happen to my New car.. Wasn't even 3 days old when I walked out of my Gfs place and saw there were a few big scratches on the front left end of the bumper. I was so pissed... I was going to be inconvinenced for one, having have work done on it, then driving around with a scratched up car for a couple days... And $$ out fo my pocket.. I'd be just as pissed if anything like that happened to my bike.. Even more so I think...
I did have our other cat, the one we keep in the shop where I have my bike get on the bike at night and put a few scratches on it... kinda pissed me off and bummed me out, had the seat cowling get the worst of it... Really only notice it if u pay close attention.. still it hurts to see it get messed with like that.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that sucks,it's your fault because you parked your motorcycle
at that spot.You were in her way,did not have the decenty to wait for you ,what a b!tch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts