1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Damn. That's a good deal. Although the way they list the sizing is confusing as hell.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just thought that I would warn you all that these goods are counterfeit and are not genuine Ducati products.

I contacted the seller and recieved the following.

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your message, this is a replica jacket, and it will shipped from overseas from factory.
thanks,
4u_bestbuy

What a shame.

Ash

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RaGzMaN said:
I just thought that I would warn you all that these goods are counterfeit and are not genuine Ducati products.

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your message, this is a replica jacket, and it will shipped from overseas from factory.
thanks,
4u_bestbuy

What a shame.

Ash
Thanks for the warning. I actually have both of the real ones already, gray version of the 1st one.
;D

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
RaGzMaN said:

Dear Sir,
thanks,
4u_bestbuy

Alot of them are whenb I emailed. Or get absolutely no answer when I asked for specific model so I can check against Dainese website.

What a shame.

Ash

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Once again proving, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". Those jackets are $550-700 new.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I dunno... after having been to Florence, Italy and Buenos Aires, Argentina- two places where leather goods are plentiful and much less expensive, I now have a slightly different take on this sort of purchase. I think we're getting reamed here in the States for leather. I've seen really nice, thick leather for dirt cheap on my travels and would be willing to bet these are decent jackets. Sure you don't get the OEM label inside and the designs may be a bit different on these replicas. But heck- there is a huge difference in the price and these hides could very well be worth the money you pay. I'd ask the seller some questions about the way the leather was dyed and what sort of seams/stitching they use but still that's a really affordable and nice looking skin (imho).

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
c_rex said:
I dunno... after having been to Florence, Italy and Buenos Aires, Argentina- two places where leather goods are plentiful and much less expensive, I now have a slightly different take on this sort of purchase. I think we're getting reamed here in the States for leather. I've seen really nice, thick leather for dirt cheap on my travels and would be willing to bet these are decent jackets. Sure you don't get the OEM label inside and the designs may be a bit different on these replicas. But heck- there is a huge difference in the price and these hides could very well be worth the money you pay. I'd ask the seller some questions about the way the leather was dyed and what sort of seams/stitching they use but still that's a really affordable and nice looking skin (imho).
yeah, i hear ya. i've gotten some great deals on leather in italy as well, but those were not meant to be functional.

i thought about ordering a suit from one of these knockoff vendors, but after 5-6 e-mails back and forth (they were very responsive and nice), i just wasn't comfortable that they had the knowledge to build a FUNCTIONAL suit. they obviously know how to knock off the colors and even many of the features of a name-brand suit, but it's how it all goes together and the subtle details that are completely foreign to them because they're not actually a moto leather manufacturer with the appropriate testing and R&D.

in my particular case, i wanted them to install ventilated panels in several areas and stretch panels in the crotch. they had no real idea what they were for, but said, "sure, just tell us where and we'll do it." i wasn't confident they'd do it right and/or that it'd be safe.

if, however, you're just looking for a squid suit to ride to a bikini bikewash, this could be a good deal! [laugh]

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I've been to Firenze and browsed through the outdoor market with all the leather goods. You definitely get what you pay for and it was especially funny to see tons of stuff that were actually made in China being sold smack dab in the middle of Italy. And this wasn't exclusive to the outdoor market, as many trendy shops (i.e. Zara) had clothing predominately manufactured in China.

So for them to be selling at $250, it's just too fishy, but if it is, that's an awesome price. I wonder if it even has the armor and lining? As far as prices are concerned, if you're buying the real thing, you're not paying too much of a difference from what's offered in Europe. I've been to the D-Store in Roma and the Dainese leather armoured jackets were usually anywhere from 400 to 600 euros depending on the model. Interestingly enough, as I later found out by looking at the tag, the Corse jacket is made in the Ukraine. So much for genuine Italian leather :p

·
Registered
233 Posts
Of course, the Ducati brand Dainese line is made in Tunisia...at least the 80s jacket that I have is.

That being said, I would like to see one of these jackets to look at the quality.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I bought one of these 'cheap' Dainese and I am pretty sure that they are 'replica' or 'counterfeit'. It was mailed in from Pakistan although the label says is it made in Ukraine. I don't remember now, but I think I paid about 250 for mine.

My Dainese(Ducati Wing) is made in Ukraine too. My Dainese Vulcan Pelle is made in Poland.

I took out the elbow and shoulder protectors from my 3 Dainese's and the cheap copy's protector looks like, well, very cheaply made. I just never put them back on the cheap copy and use that jacket for casual use. The quality of the leather on all 3 of them looks good though. My wife has worked in Lahore, Pakistan in the early 90's for 8 months and she said that there are a lot of leather craftsmen in that area. I still have a jacket she bought me from Pakistan that is about 14 years old now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts