Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, with the riding season upon us, I'm thinking about getting a nice set of leathers. I've got my eye on a set of the Ducati Corse 1-piece leathers. Does anyone here have any personal experience with these? Comfort on and off the bike once broken-in? I'm hoping to get to a few trackdays, in addition to some weekend touring. Thoughts? Thanks!

G

·
The Corse leathers are cut for a tucked riding position. Unless you're shorter than average, you may not be comfortable in a more up-right position. I fit a 54 in a 2 pc, but in the 1 pc Corse, I had a severe case of "moose knuckles".

G

·
Hey Caxys,

I'm selling some Ducati Corse Leathers here is the link for pictures.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=1vsqgyu9.bule7jc1&x=1&y=c41cho

Here is another link so you can see what the suit retails for and what your probably going to pay if you buy it anywhere else. http://www.azsbk.com/981030010--.html

The suit is size 60 Euro, has full armor: Knee and Shins, Knee Sliders, Elbow, Shoulder, Back Protector, Back Spoiler, and very strong leather. Oh and its completely brand new never worn except to try on.

I posted a thread I believe last week titled:
Dainese/Ducat Foggy Style 1pc Suit for SALE!!!!!
its basically the same thing I'm writing here.

Email me at [email protected] if your seriously interested, like I said its BRAND NEW size 60 EURO.

The only reason I'm selling it is b/c the suit is too long on me, but actually fits perfect in my upper torso, but long on the legs and in an event of a get off the suit wouldn't protect me properly.

Take care and don't forget to email me.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm....

jj and Herb - thanks for the info. I'm 5'11", 165 lbs. I'll be really interested to know what you think jj once you get your set. I have a Dainese Talos IV jacket, maybe I should just get a set of leather pants to zip into them and be done with it. Looks like I've got some thinking to do.

Herb - "Moose knuckles"? I guess that means you felt all hunched over, even what standing up straight?

ducatimonsta900 - thanks for the offer! But I know I wouldn't fit in a pair size 60.

·
Registered
423 Posts
LOL

Moose knuckles - never heard that for a guy just "camel toe" for the "ladies"

The phenomenon of an overly tight center pant line squeezing and therefore displaying "too much" anatomy.

www.cameltoe.org

G

·
That suit looks nice, but I can't see paying that much for an off the rack suit. You can get a completely custom job for less money.

--Mike

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JJ - did you get your leathers? Or is that next wednesday?

G

·
I have a Frank Thomas 2 piece leather. They are comfortable, look nice, and I got them for half price. 352 vs 655. I think that set is being discontinued for their new graphics.

Tom.

G

·
I just got my suit UPS today, its sweet! jacket fit perfectly but the bottoms seem a little long? I have to put them on the outside of my sidi boots, is that geeky? I havent yet had a chance to ride with it seeings how my bike is still waiting for CC rearsets. I will let you know how things progress but so far I like the fit.
JJ

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
say JJ - what size suit did you get? Perforated or not?

G

·
I got a 54 and it is a non-perf, I went for a 4 hour ride on sat and it was perfect although a little tight in some areas but I believe it will loosen up the more I wear it
jj

1 - 15 of 15 Posts