Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, do any of you guys know what happenned to the monster forum on Ducati.com? I loved that thing. No offense to this forum, but Ducati.com's forum was more international than this one, I think.

I was just curious if anybody knew if it was still there, or maybe why it left or something...

At any rate I am glad to have finally found a replacement for it (here).

G

·
I miss the Ducati forum too and I have sent them several mails, but they are only answering that it is still under construction. So like you I found this site some time ago. For a Norwegian guy like me some times it gets too American, but there are knowledgeable and fun people here.

Slim

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
For a Norwegian guy like me some times it gets too American, but there are knowledgeable and fun people here.

Slim
That's a good point...

Would it be possible to have an "International" section? Perhaps under local clubs? I don't mean this in a way to separate any non-American Monster people from the rest of the DML, but just looking for a way to keep the content there a bit more general and international.

But perhaps in the end it would only serve to segregate non-American DML'ers from anyone else, so it's not such a good idea...

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I dont think an 'international' forum would work, but if there was a group of riders that wanted a 'local' forum for a region or country, that would be do-able.

G

·
When did the Ducati forum go down? I have never been able to get on any of their forums.

I only got my first bike last month but I started to surf this excellent site last Dec 03.

Thanks for all the great information you have put together. It made buying my first Monster a lot easier and made me feel better about the purchase.

Thanks too to all the great people who make up this community. You have been a great source of information and laughs. I hope to ride with some of you in the New England area this summer. ;D

I do not find this too much of an American site. I think its great that people from all over the world contribute to the site. Although living in New England, I am often jealous when I hear of the good weather in other parts of the world and parts of the country after we just got 2 feet of snow again. :p

Tom.

G

·
I vote against Balkanizing the forum. I like the mix of Australian and Scandanavian and Canadian and American (and even Texan ;)) and other nationalities posts all in one forum.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Actually, you're not the only one around here. ;) Check out the Northwest club section.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I too miss the ducati.com forum. There are a few of us on here that were members. Lots of good info in their archives - too bad it's unavailable now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts