Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am kind of on the fence on this one. What we had last summer was good. Really informal just a show up and ride. I would also like to have some cool gear or something but I don't have time to worry about baby sitting others and I am sure others feel the same. Please no one take offense to this but pulling bikes out of the creek was a once in a lifetime thing hopefully. Riding needs to be taken seriously. In my opinion, there should just be some simple rules like respect each others space, pass on the left, wear a helmet, no drinking and riding with the group, etc. Another thing, having your own bike is should be a gimmie.

I am not opposed to helping new riders get better at what they want to do but we all need to know our limits and stick to them. There is a trust that is taken for granted every time you ride with new folks, lets keep it as low risk as possible.

OK, I am off the podium now, going on lack of sleep makes ones honesty show through. ;D

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok I emailed Ducati to see if they would sanction us.

As for a formal group with formal meetings I don't think that is what anybody had in mind. I do think that we should meet more often but that is just because I think the members I have met are GOOD people.

I wasn't talking about formal meetings. I think a Ducati Sanctioned club would be cool. Also merchandise would also be quite cool.

As for welcomming new members: I do believe that we as Ducati riders should take the time to champion the sport. Meaning if new riders want to join then we owe it to them to help them along a bit, (ie with maintence questions or showing them good roads) I DO however believe that everyone is responsible for their own ride. I ride my own ride and I know my limits. No one can tell ME how to ride. Nor should I tell anyone else how to ride. I think that new riders have to take their experience to heart, and know when to say "this is past my ability." I don't ride the fastest and I sometimes ride alot slower then other people. Sometimes I ride faster then others. The point here is this "Ride your OWN ride" and everyone will make it to the lunch stop.

For further riding tips buy "Ride Hard, Ride Smart" out at bookstores in April.

ps. I had to do a shameless plug. ;D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree, I am new to riding and for my own safety I am not going to put myself and others in danger because I was just trying to keep up with the pack. I dont know about most of you, but activities are a bit more fun when you are comfortable with what you are doing; not to say you shouldnt push yourself to become a better rider, but there is a time and a place to do that. I know that if things work out with me finding my monster, ducastajoe and I are interested in joining up with all of you and having some fun when riding season comes.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just by looking around in the DESMO owners club section on Ducati's web site, it looks like they are up for a little brand loyalty support. Just by snooping aound over on the MOCHA site, it looks like they are getting some sort of support.

Making it home EVERY time is my priority when I go out riding. Ride your own pace we'll see you at the next road intersection.

I look forward to meeting all of you newbies when this fu<king snow breaks and we get all of the salt off of the roads. I have been in Finland for the past few days and there is more snow and it is even colder than it is at home. There is nothing funnier than to be away from home freezing your a$$ off and seeing some crazy Finn ride by on a scooter or a mini bike from the 70's with studded tires! I don't know how they do it but it really brightens your day. :)

G

·
Dog...

You were snooping on MOCHA's site?
Leave a post next time! :D
Hey, we should meet up sometime on equal ground. There's like 12 of us so far and we like to ride. Actually some of us are gonna meet and ride up to corse superbikes in Wisconsin (corsesuperbikes.com) in a few weeks. It would be cool to see you cats. Holla if you're interested.
Oh, and if you need contacts at DNA and Ducati Italy I can send you some names and e-mail addresses. It's all about the love bro.

R.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sorry guys, done being cranky. Lack of sleep does weird things to a persons mind. I am definatly in a funk from not riding the bike. I don't know WTF I was thinking...

Ruben, I'll post next time I am snooping on the MOCHA site! I am sure a couple of us frozen northerners would be game on meeting up some time. Superslabbing it on the Monster can be done in small doses.

Retro...vino and umbrella girls, where?

When I got back into town on Monday and saw that it was in the high 30's I couldn't wait for it to rain so we could get the salt off of the road. Early next week might be a good time to get the bike out. ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts