Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people...

DNA needs some information on our club to officially be registered. Does anyone know when the SFBMHA got started as the SFBMHA? (month/year is sufficient).

ATTN: I met with John Porter (Marketing for DNA) today. I spoke to him about having some corporate involvement (sponsoring rides, etc) and he was interested in contributing. We hashed out a DNA-sponsored event for April 2004. It involves touring the DNA office there. It would only fly if we had at least 30 participants. He told me he would help out in advertising it on Ducati's North American website as well. The tour would also include a ride and lunch somewhere.

Erin, please email me - I need to talk to you about the club.

- Daffe

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
If you want 30 people to show up, you'll probably have to get Club Desmo involved and maybe even BARF. We don't have a great record in getting large groups together.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'll go, unless I do something stupid on my snowboard again and tear up my knee and arm like I did last year.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Injuries suck, don't they? The problem for me is March-April is park riding time, which is when I'm most likely to do some bodily harm. :-/

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sounds fun. I'll go too ;D

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Sound good, I will be there, I think getting 30 people to attend may not be that difficult after all...!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
You Central Valley hooligans would come all the way into San Jose for a DNA event?

That would be great! Maybe 30 people won't be so hard after all.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
California is just too far away, you guys have all the fun! :'(

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, since there seems to be a lot of interest, I'll email John Porter (Marketing DNA) about it... I'm guessing Saturday will most likely be the chosen date. If for some reason there is a majority (29 people) requesting a Sunday ride/event day, I'll tell DNA to switch it. Otherwise, I'll tell DNA we'd like to do it on April 17th of 2004.

Thanks for the feedback! They have LOTS (maybe at least 4 - 5) of retro styled jackets that are coming out btw... I got to see them when I was at their office. Also, the D.O.C. members/club members will be the first to know about the Classic/Vintage Ducati line up for retail sale (John couldn't say much about it) but he said the club members will be the first to know about the bikes... they will be acquirable but probably not until (based on my idea on it) next year or the year after.

Jeff, I'll pass along the info about the SO Cal and Central Cal club interest on the DNA event as well.

- Daffe

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
April 17 is excellent. I'll commit to coming if it is held on that date.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Hey Daffe, just wanted to say thanks for taking this on and breaking through to DNA. Should be fun.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Thanks daffe, I am sure it will be awesom.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts