Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a lot of travel planned in the new year. I was going to treat myself to some new carry-on luggage. I love Tumi stuff anyway and now that they have the Ducati line i don't know if I can resist. Anyone have this bag?

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Re: Ducati Carry On

I was going to get the backpack...but $250 for a back pack....I think not.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Michael Moore said:
I saw the bags in person at the Ducati store in Bologna. Very nice, but as noted, spendy!
Yeah, the Tumi stuff is expensive even w/o the ducati branding, but the quality is really good.

slowduc said:
your bike already says "ducati" on it... why should your luggage?
I guess for the same reason I bought a Ducati instead of another Honda . . . to stand out in the sea sameness. I mean seriously, I used to travel a bit for my job in Atlanta and all the baggage carousels at Hartsfield were full of nothing but black samosite baggage. All the carry-ons were the same ol' black 20" roll on. How boring!

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts

I have the ducati backpack. it's neat... and fits my corsair on the back! but I wouldn't drop 250 on a damn backpack. it also doesn't work well for holding tons of stuff, which I am used to in a backpack

I did recently pick up the, er, 24"? tumi carry-on before I went to wisconsin. non-ducati, but that's ok. it's still cool beans [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts

island_duc said:
How much was yours? I thought the Duc backpack you had was $250.
free. to me... [thumbsup] it was a wedding gift. rather, the "thank you for being the awesomest best man in the history of best men" gift :angel:

as cool as that pack is, if I were dropping the coin, I wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts

the backpack with the helmet carrier is cool too but it costs like $75 more just to have Ducati and a bit of red on it. The all black one is exactly the same. Buy some patches and sew 'em on. Same diff. May as well buy a bag that really works for you and do the same. $.012 delivered. :)

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While picking up some stocking stuffers, I stopped by this luggage shop just out of curiosity to see if they had this bag. It was on sale, reduced from $295 to $180, so Merry Christmas to me, I bought it.

I'll let you guys know how it works after the new year when I start my travels.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Davesax36 said:
buy a black bag. buy some patches. sew and go.
I think the price difference was only $30, so by the time you buy the patches and sew them on it's probably worth just ponying up the extra cash. Plus the black one wouldn't have the red sides, but to each his (or her ) own!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts

Paper5tr3et7 said:
I was going to get the backpack...but $250 for a back pack....I think not.
Ya might balk at the price tag, but I have a Tumi backpack that is about 8 years old, has been all over the U.S. with me. I used to travel for work, going to a different city each week for a year and a half, and this bag still looks new. It's expensive stuff, but it lasts!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I also do a decent amount of travel. I got the tumi Ducati bag (the larger size). I love it. It so easy to find in the airport and the Tumi Quality is worldy recognized. Yeah things cost a little more but you Tumi is the top o fthe line in luggage.
Plus there nothing better than someone complimening your bag and then having a great Ducati conversation wiht them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I always worry that my luggage will be "lost" if I get really nice, flashy stuff (Tumi-Ducati for example). Some random airport worker or some person who happens to be closer to the conveyor belt than me.

I prefer nondescript stuff. If I need it to stand out, I'll wrap it in flourecent tape or some such strap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts