Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
I think the parts unlimited bike will be a hard sell. maybe some collectors will pick it up, or die hard 999 fans. other than that, I can't see much demand. maybe if they made another Bayliss replica [thumbsup]

personally, I wouldn't mind picking up a lightly used 999S in the black and white paint scheme.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
b.h. said:
personally, I wouldn't mind picking up a lightly used 999S in the black and white paint scheme.
I'm with you on that. That is a bad a$$ looking moto. I cannot wait to see the figures for the previous model SBK's once the 1098 fever strikes more rampant.

I did was the 98 era SS for a second Ducati but my thoughts are elaring elsewhere, esp with the lack of parts available for the SS.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's mad dough, right? You think It'll drop? From what I know the performance points btwn the 996 and 998 isn't much and I've seen a few 996's go for approx $6-7k.

·
Registered
917 Posts
$10k is about right for a 998. I think it will sell within a week.
the 998 have been holding their value well when compared to the 996. it will probably become somewhat of a collector bike, since it is pretty rare after only one full year in production.

you're right though, not much performance diff between the two. the 998 puts out more power, but is also a little more user friendly. smooth power, revs more like a 748. doesn't sound quite so nasty. free of the flakey rocker problem too though.

for a bad @ss street bike that you'd use for occasional twisties and short rides, I would take the 996. for a race or track, or even a collector bike, I would want the 998.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Agent47 said:
Did you gus read bout this? A Bostrom and Hodgson signed SBK race bike. At $19k how do you think it'll fare against the 1098 with the 999s exclusivity in 150 units and only sold in the United States?

http://www.ducati.com/racing/00_home_racing/general/index.jhtml?family=general

I imagine there will be alot of previous model year SBK's for sale soon. [cheeky]
I saw it and personally saw the 999r at MCC. I am a big fan of the 999 series Bostrom believe it or not. Hodgson too. I wouldn't mind a 749R at some point but for now its the 748 Bip for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts