Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry Mods, I'm not sure where to place this........

Since Ducati has 916 Senna & now that Schumacher is officially retired, ..... what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
slyfox said:

Since Ducati has 916 Senna & now that Schumacher is officially retired, ..... what do you guys think?
The Senna series bikes were a charity fund-raising project for the Senna Foundation. The only "official" Senna bikes were the 1000 916 Senna editions.

The only model "allowed" to use the Senna name were the Senna Edition 916s. While there were other models that came in Senna colors, none of them can legally be called "Senna editions".

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
slyfox said:

It was called the 'Senna' after Ayrton Senna died, not retired, is that not correct?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
derby,
you're rite about the limited edition 916 Senna. It is actually a 916 Strada with color & a little hardware change but no significant increase in performance.

GregorMac,
If I'm not mistaken, 916 Senna was made even before the great Senna died, but I think he didn't get a chance to use it. It was made because he is a good friend of the Ducati's owner.

Can't tell you much as I've left my Ducati book in the office & I'm on leave for 2 weeks.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I'm still pissed that Schumi got edged out; I think Ferrari is going to have to endure several **** years of pennance for this. I think it fitting that Schumi came back from last to school Kimi three laps out today at Interlagos.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
SoCalMonster said:
I'm still pissed that Schumi got edged out; I think Ferrari is going to have to endure several nuts years of pennance for this. I think it fitting that Schumi came back from last to school Kimi three laps out today at Interlagos.
having the fastest car doesn't hurt. felipe even said it was the easiest race of his life.

·
Registered
37 Posts
slyfox said:
GregorMac,
If I'm not mistaken, 916 Senna was made even before the great Senna died, but I think he didn't get a chance to use it. It was made because he is a good friend of the Ducati's owner.

Can't tell you much as I've left my Ducati book in the office & I'm on leave for 2 weeks.
When was the Senna edition released? I know Aryton died at Imola in 94, wasn't that around the time that the 916 was first released?

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I owned an 02 748s up until a few months ago and it was a limited edition Senna model too. Only about 500 were produced for that model year only. I know the 916 Senna was the "official" Senna model, but the 02 748s is also considered a Senna as well.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
r8pistol said:
I owned an 02 748s up until a few months ago and it was a limited edition Senna model too. Only about 500 were produced for that model year only. I know the 916 Senna was the "official" Senna model, but the 02 748s is also considered a Senna as well.
it may have had senna colors, people may refer to it as a "senna", but unless money went to the senna foundation, it cannot bare ayrton's name. the ONLY senna editions were the limited production licensed senna editions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts