Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these? This is a 2 piece dainese suit. Standard ducati/dainese jackets alone are around 600 bucks and this full suit is like $630. Am i missing something?

Also, does anyone use the top of a 2 piece suit alone as a riding jacket? Does it work well for you? That is what I plan on doing... any feedback would be appreciated... thanx.

http://www.saltlakemotorsports.com/ducati-corporate-leather-two-piece-racing-suit.html

·
Registered
323 Posts
That's really nice. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm wondering if there is a corresponding Dainese suit... that would be really great.

Now... Why will you not be wearing it as a 2-piece? You already have some nice protective pants?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd wear the full suit when I go 'riding'... however, if I'm using the duc for transportation and i'm going to hang out, shop, etc, I don't want to look like a power ranger. I'd like to pick up those BMW city pants for more casual usage.

I'm still kind of shocked at this price... can't wait to get this suit!

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Generally, jackets from a 2-pc ensemble are shorter and meant to be mated to matching pants to fit like a 1-pc suit. Dainese and most others are like this. The jacket from my RS Taichi suit was so short I could not use it on its own. When I was on the bike, the back would creep up and expose skin (NOT good!).

So I would say find a local shop and try the suit out and see if it’s a bit more relaxed in cut. Maybe the jacket can be worn independently but you won’t know until your try it on…

·
Registered
323 Posts
mr_fro2000 said:
I'm still kind of shocked at this price... can't wait to get this suit!
No joke... that's a great price.

Does anyone know if there is a corresponding Dainese (non-Ducati-branded) suit? I would think that there would be. And I would think that it would be a little bit cheaper.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Wierd. I wonder if Dainese has started shipping certain lines' production overseas (like Vanson), so they have some things to sell at cheaper price points now?

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
you guys are homos (not that there's anything wrong with that) to keep talking about that silly suit when these were right next to it on the page: ;D

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
if you are worried about jacket length, dainese sells a zip belt jacket extension. i believe some of their newer jackets (from their 2-piece selection) are also longer now in length - to address this exact issue.

by the way, what's w/ the 50% waterproof? ??? its either waterproof or not.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Zip Belt info

The Zip Belt is designed to work with our short jackets such as the Bora, MC-202, Flanker, Haku San, etc.
Unfortunately the Zip belt will not work with the 2 piece suits because the connecting zipper on the 2-piece suits are a full 360 degrees and approximately 3x as thick as the short jacket connecting zippers.

Hope this helps...

Best Regards

Michael
Dainese D-Store Manager
1645 Superior Ave
Costa Mesa, Ca. 92627

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is there any attachment to increase the length of the jacket part of the 2-piece suits? Also do you think the top part of the corporate suit is too short to wear on its own?

I ordered a suit 2 weeks ago... if I can't wear the top on its own, I may just return it...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
mr_fro2000 said:
I'd wear the full suit when I go 'riding'... however, if I'm using the duc for transportation and i'm going to hang out, shop, etc, I don't want to look like a power ranger. I'd like to pick up those BMW city pants for more casual usage.
werrrd. and fwiw- being the curious mind wanting to know I've polled quite a few girls (hey now!) about cycle gear. By and large they prefer straight up black leather or simple stuff at best. Power rangers need not apply. No these were not hairy girls...

·
Banned
550 Posts
I have this "suit" and love it. Use the full suit for the longer rides and then just zip off the jacket for the shorter ones with the "Dragon" Kevlar jeans. Is one comfortable suit with lots of protection.

Jacket by it self has all the protection required and matches the 07 Titanium S4R beautifully.

Huge thumbs up from me.........

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ok, so this is probably a total nOOb question, but I need to ask anyway. I know what jacket size I wear, but if I go and buy the two piece suit, how do the pant sizes correspond with this? Pant waist and length? Also, does anyone know if there is a liner in the jacket part? ... sorry for sounding so green...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts