Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Hmmm - quite nice. I've seen a couple of "spy" pix similar to this out on the web in the last few days... BUT

This one is the best looking so far - love that front-end (a lot less R1 and a lot more DesmoRR, woo-hoo!) Can't wait to see it up close; I think it is the details on the Ducatis that really set 'em apart.

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Will this be displayed at the bike show next week in Ft worth too? I know its a long shot, but doesnt hurt to ask.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Must say that 1098 is very interesting combination of best design elements from 916/996/998, 999 and Desmosedici. Cant wait to see it in nature!

I am not sure if bike is gonna be in FtW bike show since official announcement happens same week in Milan, but Jeff mentioned in October Ducati Weekend that it should be at AMS on December 2nd event with the rest of new models and new clothing for 2007.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Rami said:
Will this be displayed at the bike show next week in Ft worth too? I know its a long shot, but doesnt hurt to ask.
No, but how 'bout this; when I was talking with Peter at AMS the other day, he said their Dallas location will have The 1098 on display the first weekend in December... (what Jari JUST said... beat me to it!) But itdoesn't get much better than that if you ask me!

I still think I like the 999 shape better (heresy I know [cheeky] ); but maybe seeing the new bike "in person" will make a difference....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
n2f said:
I still think I like the 999 shape better (heresy I know [cheeky] ); but maybe seeing the new bike "in person" will make a difference....
well I would say that 916/996/998 generation is still the most beautiful Ducati ever ;D. But I may be biased on this one.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
n2f said:
No, but how 'bout this; when I was talking with Peter at AMS the other day, he said their Dallas location will have The 1098 on display the first weekend in December... (what Jari JUST said... beat me to it!) But it doesn't get much better than that if you ask me!

dont hate, im jealous too, its ok I wont tell anyone if you dont...

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
jamesmccain said:
dont hate, im jealous too, its ok I wont tell anyone if you dont...

Ha! No, it's actually not sour-grapes; I seem to be one of only a handful of people in the known DML universe that likes, really and truly likes, the looks of the 999... So...

Hate me >:D

Unless the 1098 is completely spectacular in person, I'll keep Ol' Yeller [laugh] After all, it is a Super Bike...

·
Registered
665 Posts
MCN has many pics of the new bike.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
n2f said:
Ha! No, it's actually not sour-grapes; I seem to be one of only a handful of people in the known DML universe that likes, really and truly likes, the looks of the 999... So...

Hate me >:D

Unless the 1098 is completely spectacular in person, I'll keep Ol' Yeller [laugh] After all, it is a Super Bike...
all in good time. all in good time.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I am not impressed. :-\

I like the design of the 999 better. The exhaust is too much like the Kawi and Yami to me...
I need to get used to the front end and the side farings too... Maybe it will look better in person.

At least it will be cheaper...

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think you boys and girls are missing the point a wee bit.
Just think 160hp 380lbs, now you do the math!
oh, and dont forget base model has Moto gp dash, monobloc gp calipers new lighter wheels, and a partridge in a pear tree1
happy holidays Peter

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Tosser said:
oh, and dont forget base model has Moto gp dash, monobloc gp calipers new lighter wheels, and a partridge in a pear tree1
happy holidays Peter
Well put Tosser!! [clap]

Swanny

·
Registered
840 Posts
Tosser said:
happy holidays Peter
It does make it better, but I need to see it in person to see how I feel...
I want a bike I keep going into the garage to look at at night, and this isn't doing it for me.

Don't get me wrong, the 999 grew on me, so hopefully this will as well.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts