Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday night @ around 9:30 pm I had a run in with a White tailed Deer and the deer lost :eek:. I'll say one thing is that I'm am so glad I wasn't on my Superbike I don't think I'd be telling you this right now. I was heading home from a ride with friends and I live where theres no street lights but wasn't too worried. The new Monster has an awesome light so I was crusin around 60 to 65 when I crossed my town line and I thought to myself I've seen DE-----EEER and a Buck jumps out. I grab a fist full of front brake and go into a endo thinkin I'm going over and by chance the Deer is gone I release the brake and come back down just to see the Deer stopped and was turning around DOH:eek:... I leaned back stiffened up my arms brought my left knee up and took the Deer in the rear quarter. His ass flips up over my head kicking me in the helmet and my left peg snaps his neck and I continued on for about 50 feet and stopped ON MY TWO WHEELS.... I never went down standing in the road saying that hurt and I didn't go down unreal. Two Harley riders behind me stop to ask if I was OK and was that a deer flying through the air? YUP!. I credit my not going down to my steering damper I just installed a month ago here are some pictures of the damage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
wow thats some crazzy S*^T, good to know ya turned out ok... As Ive got deer all over my road, everyday ya see them crossing or eating in the ditch. Hopefully Ill never hit one but its good to know the Monster stands up ok to that kinda frontal assault .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts