Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright! I just finished working on Ducandcover's bike shots and I have to say that I'm quite happy with them.

as always, opening the images in a new window will show them full size (just slightly bigger, but better resolution since the forum compresses them weirdly). You can also go to my website (www.avillez.com) and look at all the bike shots I've taken so far.

Rick, I'll let you know as soon as I've gotten these printed. Unfortunately those tank shots didn't come out well - It turns out that the Agip sticker is just slightly crooked, but enough to make the bike look very "wrong". But that shot will have to be tried out in future bikes (N2F, you got lucky >:D ; well, you'll see what I mean)

Rick, it was very nice meeting you and your family, and tell Michael that I appreciate him helping me get more bikes to shoot. In fact, this just occurred to me, if his team (racing to save lives, right?) needs bike shots (or portraits, whatever) for publicity and such, I would be more than happy to help out.

Merry Christmas to all,

André

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
WHOA... Andre, that is some awesome work! I love the effect on the gas tank behind Rick's head... all kinds of stuff goin' on in that shot. Plus the "Made in Italy" on the clutch case... Way cool; it's all nicely done. Great pix of Rick, BTW [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Yeah, the gas tank in the portrait looks great. In fact, that shot came out a good 9/10 from what I wanted. I managed to nail the lighting for portraits, so that the skin looks smooth straight out of the camera (none of that "airbrushing" that goes on way too much in my opinion).

I put too much light on the tank during the full bike shot, a mistake that will not be repeated.

The series must go on ;D

André

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I like the technique and the results! wonder what different types of lights would produce? like if you were to use a fluorescent or a metal halide/hid, or a really low wattage regular ol light bulb with like a 'yellowish' light? Is it all pretty much the same?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha! I'm not being hard on myself... 9/10 is still an "A" in my grade book ;D . A 10 means a perfect shot, and I know of some more things that can be improved (not telling, though ;) ). But man, it would be nice to make my way into some bike mags.

Hiero, different bulbs would indeed cause different tints on the image. In fact, I use regular incandescent bulbs which put out a yellowish light, but I alter the white-balance on the image and "correct" that tint. What would make a bigger difference is how the light falls on the bike/person; a focused beam can make sharper light, while a diffuse light makes everything softer. The difference, of course, is that while painting I have the option of softening up a focused light by moving it around (which I do).

·
Registered
665 Posts
the bike shots are nothing compared to what you have on your website, very nice b&W photography i love the brazil shots!

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Andre!
Whhhooohaaa!
Massive unadulterated Kudos!
The big screen really does alot compared to the view finder on the camera!
Like I told ya when you were here, that's the first pic of myself I actually like! I think I'll be ready to take on the 1098's with that mean ass pose! Got some attitude in all the photos!
Thanks' again for all the hard work you put into these! You are a scholar and a gentleman!
Rick
Now, about those billboard shots for my first movie.... "The Revenge of Ducandcover"

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Ducandcover said:
Andre!
Whhhooohaaa!
Massive unadulterated Kudos!
The big screen really does alot compared to the view finder on the camera!
Like I told ya when you were here, that's the first pic of myself I actually like! I think I'll be ready to take on the 1098's with that mean ass pose! Got some attitude in all the photos!Thanks' again for all the hard work you put into these! You are a scholar and a gentleman!
Rick
Now, about those billboard shots for my first movie.... "The Revenge of Ducandcover"

[laugh] [clap] [laugh] Yep, that's what I thought when I saw that shot, "Damn, Proto-Biker!"

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad you like them, Rick. [thumbsup] I'm going to the lab first thing tomorrow morning to try to get some good prints for ya. I'll let you know as soon as I get a good set in my hands.

André

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CAG, I've been thinking of doing this. I've got 3 shots worthy of it (Rick, your portrait is one of 'em), so if I can crank out 9 more before Jan 15 we'll have an '07 calendar in our hands. Well, if I reshoot my SV and include a yamaha cruiser, I've got 5 shots... This is getting interesting.

Let's see, I've got Lisa's bikes to shoot, Swanny's dirt bike, a few things in the works... yeah, this could work out. [thumbsup]

I feel like a stoner, but all I can think is "sweeeet". ;D

André

·
Registered
840 Posts
Just got Ducandcover's prints with andre, and they look awesome!

I am even getting a print of Ducandcover's clutch for myself... Going to make some wall art for my garage. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Andre, were you planning on shooting both my bikes or just the SBK on the 4th? The Monster just rolled 24K so I'm thinking while Alan has off this week, maybe we should get it over to AMS for a service... Not a big deal to postpone the service bit until after the 4th, just thought I'd check with you first.

Lisa

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lisa, it's really up to you. I can spend an entire day on the SBK, and I've already shot two monsters. So there's no problem if you want to take the monster up for service (best time of the year to do that, I gotta do the same with my SV).

I doubt that I'll run out of shots to take...

André

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
O.K., thanks Andre. Let's just concentrate on the yellow bike then... I can't wait to see how you work with that!

·
Registered
665 Posts
zazzle.com and cafepress.com offer calendars with out minimum run... zazzle has better print quality thou... ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.