Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my S2R1000 is dead again. It won't start. The battery has a good charge. When I turn the key, nothing. I don't get the gauge sweep. None of the idiot lights come on. There is a sound that I can't really describe. It's short and something like a winding sound, but not really. It's barely audible. This is the second time that I've had this problem with the bike. Last time the dealer said it was a problem with a relay in the ignition system. They replaced the relay and the bike worked fine, for about a week.

I've owned the bike for about 1 1/2 months and it's had to be towed away twice. I should mention that I bought it as a dealer demo. It had a little over 1k miles when I took possession of it. The only mod the dealer had done was an open clutch cover. I've since chopped the tail. I used all the stock connectors when I installed an integrated LED taillight. I am also using the stock license plate light. I'm mentioning the tail chop, because I am wondering if something I did in the tail is causing relays to fry. Is it possible that I'm doing something to cause the problems I'm having? My last Monster had the same problem.

Anyway, I am getting frustrated with no being able to ride. Any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

1 - 2 of 2 Posts