Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying to get the time right and several off and ons last night I went to to start her up and it does not start. Anyone have any idea what the heck is going on. After I let the bike sit for a bit it goes through its normal boot up hit the ignition and zelch nada nothing happens. When I hit the ignition the engine light comes on and the speedo goes up and comes back down, I also hear it click like it wants to engage but nothing happens. Just went to start it again it seems like it is something electronic related like the ecu or something got reset or screwed up.

Thanks,

Ghost

·
Banned
897 Posts
I'd start with the simple/obvious. Put the battery on a charger, check all the connections.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Ill go obvious as well. Is it in gear with the kickstand down when youre trying to start it?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bike is in neutral one of my first tests would argue that it is the battery but the light seems to be bright as well as instrument panel. I am charging the battery now to see if that help. Last thought was I burnt out the fuse for the ignition is that possible?

Thanks

Ghost

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Call me a big begins with a d and ends in a y. Just put battery on charger and it seems to be charging so I goes I fudged something up last night I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice I always tend to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

-ghost

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
ghostwho said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Call me a big begins with a d and ends in a y. Just put battery on charger and it seems to be charging so I goes I fudged something up last night I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for the advice I always tend to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

-ghost
Keep us posted as to how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Battery seems to be the issue put in on the old tender for about 8 hrs put the battery back on and everything seems to be up and running fine. Its about 2:00 am on the east coast so no official ride going to have to get out tomorrow for a little bit just to do a official dry run the put the bike away for the winter. Thanks for all your help.

-ghost

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Official ride went fine yesterday I realized something else though in the process, this winter is really going to be a drag.

-ghost

1 - 8 of 8 Posts