Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know a good reputable /affordable shop or a person does work on Duc to replace Timing belt and check valves ..etc . I have the book and could figure it out but honestly need some one to look over my shoulder to be 200% ..

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I know you said "around Jacksonville" but the best shop (IMO) in NC is Ducati Greensboro. The owner, Bobby, is a master technician and everyone there is easy to work with, friendly, and very knowledgable. I know several guys that live closer to other shops (Charlotte and Raleigh) and they make the trip to DG. I know 3 hours is a long way to ride for service but as long as I'm in NC, I'll be dealing with DG exclusively.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WoW that is pretty far from me but thanks for the tip.. I do pretty much all the work on all my bikes & diesel German cars which they are pretty much another monster in it self .

The bike came with the Desmo time Repair/ manual . I did some reading yesterday on valve adjustment and timing belt replacement . Timing belt was pretty straight forward . Valve adjustment not hard at all but patient is the key to success .
The most critical interval is the 6000 miles and that was done at the Charlotte Duc dealer so hofuely no shims or adjustment need it when clock show 12400 miles .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts