Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but not forgotten. Yes, I killed a Monster.
The good news is I now have a replacement. Yesterday before the show I took delivery of a slightly used (70 miles) Paul Smart. It came with the full 2-into-1 Termignoni exhaust & chip, tail chop, comfort windscreen, paddock stand, & cover, to which I added a comfort seat & tank bag.
Many thanks to Tosser at AMS for his help with the PS.
I know it's not a Monster, but I have really enjoyed this forum, & meeting & riding with everyone, so I'm hoping ya'll will allow me to crash the party.

Hope to see you soon-

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Great news, I love the Paul Smarts. Thank God they sold all of them to keep me from getting one!! Sounds like you got a great one. Who rides a bike for 70 miles then gets rid of it? You know AMS offers test rides before you buy? Oh well, their loss and your gain. Enjoy!!

ps I see you have a K bike, hope you don't mind the mild dis of the K100RS in my other post? it just wasn't the bike for me at the time.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Looking forward to hearing some reports on the Paul Smart. Sweet bike. How about some pics of your new ride? [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fastwin said:
ps I see you have a K bike, hope you don't mind the mild dis of the K100RS in my other post? it just wasn't the bike for me at the time.
No worries! There's a huge world of difference between the older K100RS & the late '90's K1200RS. And like you said, it's about what's right for you.

I'll keep everyone posted on the Smart. I may need to change my handle.........

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Scott - AWESOME, awesome choice! I really like those Pual Smarts; classic style with a great motor. How do you like the power compared with L'Orange?

Hope to see you (and it!) one of these days [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Duc_L'Orange said:
No worries! There's a huge world of difference between the older K100RS & the late '90's K1200RS. And like you said, it's about what's right for you.

I'll keep everyone posted on the Smart. I may need to change my handle.........
Got that right, the old K100RS had a terrible peg buzz right at 72-80mph and a way high center of gravity and a real clunky tranny... I could keep going. Glad BMW got it right with the newer ones, the old K75 three cylinder was a much better bike than the K100s.

Yeah, you may need to get creative with the handle, unless you want to keep it out of respect for the deceased.

·
Registered
665 Posts
fastwin said:
Who rides a bike for 70 miles then gets rid of it?
The customer who sold it has some really tricky Trackbikes and no time for street use..The bike is like brand new plus you got some goodies with it !! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Again, sweet deal, let me know if he decides to buy some more great bikes that he doesn't have time to ride!! I think I could help him out with that problem!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hey Scott.

Congrats on the new bike! Do you think the ergonomics will allow you to make the AR runs with us in the spring time?

Swanny

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Swanny!
Not going to AR on the PS... It's my around-town bike ;)
I'd love to join in if ya'll don't mind being seen with a Beemer ;D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why would anyone buy a Sport Classic? ??? ???

Kidding, of course (check my sig). Very nice bike.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Duc_L'Orange said:
Thanks Swanny!
Not going to AR on the PS... It's my around-town bike ;)
I'd love to join in if ya'll don't mind being seen with a Beemer ;D
Sure. You are welcome to join us on any two wheeled machine you choose. [thumbsup]

Swanny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts