Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi foolks!

There is a question I'd like to aske you all...seee above ;D

Now I'm riding a 250 suzuki bandit with lots of mods so its power is like the 400 bandit (54HP). I have it for 1.5 years but it is time to get a biger one......of corse naked...what else??

I live in hungary so we only have 1 ducati dealer here...what a same :-/

I know it's a monster forum but a asked the sam on a SV forum.

So.......witch one????????

SV looks also cool but yo ucan see it on every corner.....the spare parts are cheaper, and faster to have them.

"THE DUC" She is touching my heart and my soul ;) but... spare parts and service cost more then by an sv, that's fact.

Hornet a nice pice of metal.....the engine is the cbr 600...it's like nothing can break it apart.hi rise pipe also nice..parts and service is the same here in Hungary like for the SV

If i'm choosing a V2 not a L4 SV or DUC?
SV650 has mor power then a 620 duc......but the look..... ;D

If somebody has ridden the bikes above please HELP me:)

G

·
We didn't have the 600 Hornet over here yet when I bought my M620. If we had, I might be riding a different bike. I looked at the 919, Triumph Thunderbird Sport, 883 Sportster Sport, and the DUC. Obviously the DUC won - as you said yourself, the monster touched a special part of the soul that the others just couldn't.

I've had mine for just under 6 months with 7000 mi on the OD and no problems at all. So if you want my un-biased opinion ;D - buy a Ducati.

jb

Hungary - do you know anyone who breeds Hungarian Lippizaners? (horses)

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I have rode both the 620 Duc and 599 Hornet in the last 3 months. I too like the looks of both bikes, and the SV650.

The differences you immediately notice between the Hornet and the 620 are the points were you touch the bike. The Hornet has a lighter clutch pull, it shifts more accurately, easier to find neutral, nicer gauges, easier ignition switch, and in my opinion, easier overall to ride. It seemed to have more usable power in all gears, at all RPM's. I had a lot more confidence with the Hornet versus the 620.

But, the 620 has a sound to it, the hornet, not really. The 620 gets looks, the hornet, not really. The 620, you feel "different" riding it.

For the money, the Hornet is a better bike. But, I will buy a Ducati when I return to the States (probably a 800 or 1000).

Ride both, and make your own decision. I am lucky, there is a rental shop here with nice bikes that enables me to try them for a day.

mitt

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
800 would be a better choice probably than the smal 620.....and a used 800s 2003 duc ( 7500 km on the tacho) cost almost the sam as a brand new 600 hornet..... or cheaper if you have god cards when you visiting the diller.

I have to test both of them......but i alredy hade a 600 bandit in my hand, but it was too fat(220 kg full loaded). I know the hornet is not so heavy..time will tell, I mean testride will tel ;D

·
Registered
100 Posts
This choice rather hangs on what you're buying the bike for. I ride about 15000 miles a year and most of them are for fun, not transport as such. The most fun I ever had in 50 odd bikes and nearly as many years was the 12 months I spent with a 900 monster. I have owned an sv650 too, an excellent wee motor bike but it didn't 'do' it for me like the Duc' did. I can't explain why but I'll try. A year ago I got a BMW r1150r, also an excellent motorcycle but I only kept it 6 months. I posted on their website (r1150r.net) about a ride I had along the north coast of Scotland on the m900, blatting along a straight with the ART cans booming off the hills and as I blipped down 3 cogs and stuck it into the left hander at the end, a family were stood by their campervan clapping their hands in appreciation at the beauty of the sound the Duc' was making. I missed the emotion of moments like that and I just traded another perfectly good motorcycle (gsx1400) for my S4. I regretted selling the first monster, I'm not parting with this one.

Does that help your decision?

G

·
Buy the 800 monster. More power than the 620 and with the 620 you'll eventually be looking for it. Also, look at choosing the mnster like this. Say there's 2 chicks you're interested in; SV and Monster. SV has money but you're really not feeling her. Then there's the Monster, she has your heart and she's better looking than SV and you're really attracted to her. Of course you'll want to spend money on her 'cause she makes you happy. You can save your money and hang with SV but when you see monster you're gonna wish you had it!

Live brother, live.

R.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i usually ride for fun....this summer i almost forgot how to drive a car ;D

Here in Budapest the traffic is so bad if you ar noton 2 wheels, you ar lost!! It do not mean that i only rid urban. 30 city 70% outside the town..or so.

I'm not the guy who is going for the highway to give full gas and became a millenium falcon on the road.

If the bike can make constantly 150-160Km/h thats ok for me..

I guess the 800 is capable to make it

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have ridden all of those bikes and the monster is the best all around sport style performance of all of those machines. The only bike I thisndk has the style and the sweet engine is the triumph speed four. Look at that one but you will still buy the ducati. Good luck.

G

·
There is definitely something about the Duc that touches the heart. I could have bought either the SV or the Duc, but the 620 Monster just pulled me in. I immediately met a guy who had been riding his SV650 for quite a while. He took one look at my Monster and said he's always wished he bought it instead of the SV. The sound alone puts it in a class above the Japanese alternatives.

G

·
I own a SV650, but I am shopping for a Monster. Or maybe an ST2.I like the Suzuki just fine and may even keep it if I buy the ST2, but I want a Duc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts