Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 M900 and was wondering if anyone has swapped a dual swing arm for a single sided one, or heard of it? Please let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mate, 6800 seems huge to me, u can buy a whole new bike for that!
From another thread which I posted previously it seems that it can be done for a whole lot less..

"Got the SSS complete with wheel & brake kit for ------------> $1000 -----( off a S2R 1k)
Also got a S4R shock (you don't need this, yours will work) $100
Front and rear headers -------------------------------------------->$250
S2R Bladder ---------------------------------------------------------->$25
Stock rear sets from a S2R 1k ------------------------------------>$0
Labor ------------------------------------------------------------------>$0 (a friend helped me)

...and it seems more plausible. Anyway, I would be interested in any details you can provide!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I'm not sure I understand why you would want to convert form double to single.

The only reason I could think up is ease of wheel changes, but that does not seem like it would drive spending so much?

Whats the reasons?

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
easier on the newer bikes than the older ones.
I had 25 hours of shop labor
plus wheels, rearsets, custom exhaust work etc etc

(i traded out my labor for a lot of this, i didnt pay cash for it all)
my point was that the job might turn out to be bigger than it is worth, and selling the M900 and buying a S2R1000 may be a better option

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I've done it many times on the older Monsters, not a whole lot of $$, but a WHOLE lot of time.
What would you like to know?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

Yeah, first off thank you for the replies I am not used to strangers being so nice. WoW. I am just curious if it was plausible and not the cost of a whole bike. I basically just love the way it looks and love my bike. Why would I go through all of that work just to make changing tires easier? Come on man. I am really not in a situation to throw around a lot of money. Full time to 25 hrs. a week blows. Anyway thanks again.

be cool

aaron b.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've done it many times on the older Monsters, not a whole lot of $$, but a WHOLE lot of time.
What would you like to know?
What parts would be interchangable on this swap? I have a 2001 Monster 600 dark and I am interested in getting a single sided swing arm. What year monster s2r would I have to get it from.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I don't think anything is a direct bolt on. You must cut the cases and/or swingarm; fabricate a whole new exhaust; weld on a new upper shock mount; new wheel; new brake; etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts