Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have searched and searched to no avail. is it safe to assume there is no after market guard available sans hugger? i would even like a 'half hugger' if you will. something other than the stock plastic f-150 inner fender well that came with the bike.

before anyone starts i know i can modify the stock piece. i would like a nice aluminium or carbon one. if i cannot find one i like, or one at all for that matter, i will chop away!

thanks!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PERFECT!

EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR! WHERE THE HELL DID YOU FIND THAT?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$190 plus shipping! (she's gonna' kill me >:D) thanks for the link. i guess i can put the sprocket cover on hold for a while. she's already pissed about the slave cylinder and exhaust. it has been a fabulous christmas at nissontek's house this year.

actually, she isn't upset at all. i just love to sound like an ordinary guy. you know, the whole 'ball and chain' gig! i am very lucky to have lyndse and she doesn't let me forget it!

i will wait for a day or two and see if anything else pops up in this post. but that hugger is dead on what i am looking for. you are the man!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It should be easy enough for someone to copy that in alu. if you want.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sonofthetis said:
too bad they don't make anything like that in aluminum, whole world's gone carbon-krazy :p
yeah, so far my add-ons have been aluminium. i am not a huge carbon fiber fan but that hugger is tits. i had the opportunity to buy a front fender in carbon for 50% of list but i just didn't like it. now, a dark monster with carbon is hot. but i love the red one in my garage. i want to keep her as red as possible.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
It'll look cool on your bike for sure, I just prefer the material quality of aluminum. Doesn't fade and yellow like carbon, you can polish, brush finish, anodize etc.. and if it gets F-ed up you can weld it...I don't know I love metals man ;) so much versatility. But I agree w/ you on the form of that hugger, it's pretty much ideal for the monster.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Anybody got one that fits the carby monsters? That one says it's for f.i. only, and I'd rather not have extra holes in the hugger if I got one and drilled new holes for the older bikes swingarm.

Justin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts