Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have recommendations on the best dual headlight kits? I am looking for ones that will take the PIAA headlights, and hopefully will be as aesthetically pleasing as the Monster itself!!!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I heard that Abhi, a fellow DML'er, sold Duc-Duals not too long ago and they are now up and running... [clap]

I believe the name of the company is Il Duce Moto ([email protected]) and they continue to offer the halo style dual headlight kit... The kits uses a standard H3 55W bulbs and can be changed out very easily...

I have a set on my girlfriends bike and we both love it... They give off a TON of light and are a piece of cake to install... Good luck and ride safe!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
The 2v alternator is barely able to keep up with two H4 bulbs.
Install a HID kit and enjoy better light than 2 H4's.

·
Registered
29 Posts
2volt or 2amp? Either way it doesn't sound right. A single 35 watt bulb draws 3 amps on it's own. Then you need to power the rest of the lighting, gages and ignition.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Cavi Mike said:
2volt or 2amp? Either way it doesn't sound right. A single 35 watt bulb draws 3 amps on it's own. Then you need to power the rest of the lighting, gages and ignition.
2-valve

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Hey Dakinebusa!!! As you mentioned, it's my understanding as well that the HID conversion draws a lot less amperage and gives off a TON more light...

I'm hoping to do a mod that will incorporate the HID on one side of the Duc-Dual set up... It should be a piece of cake however I'll have to find a good place to locate the transformer... I've found a few kits that actually offer a longer electrical wire which allows for more options...

Ride safe!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
HOLY THREAD-FROM-2003 BATMAN!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts