Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I switch to a dual headlight setup from Spareshack, is there anything else that needs to be done to my electrical system to compensate? Are there any issues I should know about that might make me reconsider? I did a search and saw a thread about a mechanic saying Ducati batteries may leak due to mods, like switching headlights.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
There certainly have been leaking battery issues but I don't think they have anything to do with mods. I don't know if any other mods need to be done though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have Spareshack's dual headlight setup on my Monster and I haven't had any problems.

The version that I have requires you to cut the wiring harness, but it's no big deal. Also, both lights are illuminated on low beam, which causes the high beam indicator to glow, but it's barely visible. High beam is fine.

If you like the look, then go for it! ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info and pics. I'm going to order them now!

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Very cool "street fighter" look with the duals; I'm tempted! $164.00 including shipping from the UK... Hmmmmmm...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like the S4R Dennis. Lots of CF! Are you going to get rid of the reflectors on the forks?

I have the small mirrors also. They are "somewhat" functional. Their primary function is to keep that nice low- profile. ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am going to get rid of the reflectors. Its bee so darn cold here. I figure it will be easier to get the clue off when its warmer.

Those pictures show only the stock CF. I added teh radiator guards and have the hugger on its way. I am not a big fan of CF, but at this point its easier to add it then go the other way. I plan to put the Rizoma belt covers and windowed clutch cover on as soon as I have the money. I have a large and expensive list of mods. I doubt I will get half the stuff I want.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn't know that it came with that much CF?! I guess I haven't looked at the bigger Monsters lately. Savin' my pennies for a trip to the Duc factory in June and my future 749 Dark. ;D Anyway, the CF looks good with the glossy black finish!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts