Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been able to get together all the parts for my dual disk setup with the exception of the lines. I'm at a loss as to which lines to use. Can I just get a set of stainless line for a newer year bike, since they have dual disks up front already.

Thanks,

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just finished doing this 10 minutes ago :)

You can either get 2-into-1 line (ducati part# 618.4.036.1b) or do what I did and just buy a single line and use a double banjo bolt at the master cylinder.

mine is the yellow one

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was going to to but I was unsure as to how well this would work.

Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought a 16mm coffin style from yoyodyne, made for dual disk setups.

·
Registered
117 Posts
good idea. I actually decided to replace both clutch and brake coffin masters with remote reservoirs. Clip-ons that I installed changed the angle of master cylinders when the bike was on side stand and the clutch one kept leaking - so I figured it was a good time to upgrade. I bought the whole set (rotor, caliper, masters etc) from Yoyodyne as well, they are only 20 miles away from me :) Fred is a very nice guy

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought both from him as well. Great prices, I also ended up getting my caliper from him as well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So how do you like the setup?

I've noticed HUGE improvement in braking - don't know if it's real or just placebo effect.

I did this mainly for cosmetic reasons, not expecting much improvement and was pleasantly surprised with performance

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm waiting on the caliper to come in. I did mine for both cosmetic and perofrmance reasons. I'll let you know how it works when I get the entire setup installed. I'm also waiting on my jet kit.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I've gotten most of my brakelines from http://www.cyclebrakes.com

I guess that they're right down the street from Galfer and if you need something special, they just call down and have it fabbed up. Good prices, too.

Here's the 3-line set that I had made up when I switched to a two caliper system on my M750.

--Fillmore

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that linex or powdercoat on the frame? Looks great.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
It's crinkle texture powdercoat. Linex in an intersting idea though. [smiley=evil.gif]

--Fillmore

1 - 14 of 14 Posts