Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my 696. I didn't get anything stating what options it came with. When I was reading the manual, I cam across a mention of a Ducati Traction Control light on the dash. That made me think, how do I know if my bike came with the DTC or not? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i doubt the 696 would have or need it

and if it did have it.. you would be able to turn it off

·
Registered
37 Posts
i believe the info on the dash displays the following:
Speedometer, rev counter, clock, scheduled maintenance warning, oil temperature, trip fuel, air temperature, lap time, warning light for low oil pressure, fuel level, fuel reserve, neutral, turn signals, overrev, immobilizer. Ready for DDA system.

I'll have to look at my manual but I don't recall dtc.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a search online and I didn't find any mention of it in relation to the 696, but since I saw it in the manual, I thought it was an option.

i doubt the 696 would have or need it

and if it did have it.. you would be able to turn it off

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
The 696 does not come with or have an option for DTC. If you look just below the #14 Ducati Traction Control line it stats "Indicates activation of the DTC control unit (if present)". If the 696 had DTC that's where it would show up.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah okay. I did see that, but I just thought it meant it's an option on the bike. It's pretty stupid that they would even mention it in the manual if it isn't an option. Thanks for the explanation.

·
Registered
99 Posts
they probably use the same gauge cluster on several models

and have the same page of the manual in several of the books

just to save time and money

1 - 11 of 11 Posts