Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2012 1100 Evo. It only had 4000 miles on it. I scrolled through the menu and the DTC does not come up. There is an icon on my dash but it does not come up in the menu. Does anybody have any idea or have had a similar problem?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody have this happen before? I've put a few 100 miles on it and it's still the same and I cannot figure out how to turn it on and off

·
Registered
117 Posts
Are you activating it correctly, it does not come up when scrolling.
from manual;

Activation of the system To activate the system, the motorcycle must be stationary and safely parked. To enable Traction Control, enter the menu and set "DTC" to "On" by pressing RESET button (14, fig. 14) for 3 seconds; once the 3 seconds have elapsed, the message "DTC" will appear on the display to indicate activation of the Ducati Traction Control system. When activated, the message "DTC" is visible both on the normal display and also within the menu pages.

It will default to setting '8' then you can adjust.

The functions of the system To operate on the system, the motorcycle must be stationary and safely parked. Each time DTC is activated, the Traction Control ECU will set the sensitivity level to 8; the level may then be adjusted using the function "Traction Control Sensitivity Level Setting (DTC SETUP)". To disable Traction Control, enter the menu and set "DTC" to "OFF" by pressing RESET button (14, fig. 14) again for 3 seconds; once the 3 seconds have elapsed, the message "DTC" will disappear from the display, thereby indicating deactivation of the Ducati Traction Control system. If the engine suddenly stops or is switched off (Key- Off) while Traction Control is activated, the function 58 will NOT be disabled but will still be active (DTC On) at the next Key-ON. If, however, battery power is suddenly cut off (Batt- OFF), when battery power is restored and upon next Key-On, the Traction Control will no longer be activated (DTC OFF).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your detailed answer. I guess the problem that I am having is DTC does not come up in my menu at all. And when I say there's an icon on my dash I mean that when I turn the key on a DTC light flashes for a second and then goes off. I don't have DTC in my menu so I can't access anything. Settings or on and off toggle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts