Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a source for water-proof caps for the oval O2 sensor in-line connectors?

Or a source for the plugs that I can seal with silicone and use as caps?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DUCMONROB said:
Why are you taking out the sensor?
In-line connectors, not sensor. Sensor is disconnected, I want a clean and positive water-proof seal.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Molex connection?

There's a post about picking up connections here I think
http://www.partsexpress.com/

Hey Ducmonrob I saw your earlier post regarding Pat Clark. I'm a Vegas rider myself, even bought my bike there. Drop me a line if you wanna ride sometime.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I stand corrected... Found the link of the post I was looking for. See Slash's respose about the Amp Superseal 1.5 4 pin connector

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=56438.0

FYIW I took Larakat's advice and just gooped up the connection with dielectric grease before taping up. Haven't had any problems with water since but if you got the right caps you'd prolly be better off in the end.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
gnostic203 said:
Hey Ducmonrob I saw your earlier post regarding Pat Clark. I'm a Vegas rider myself, even bought my bike there. Drop me a line if you wanna ride sometime.
Hey gnostic! I was visiting Vegas all the way from Australia! [thumbsup]

Top place. Pat Clarks mechanic was a realy nice person too! [thumbsup]

Don`t worry I`ll be back some time soon.

Rob

·
Registered
943 Posts
Cool definitely let me know if youre back this way, I'll show you some of the most beautiful desert around.

If you're talking about Mike Lancaster the guy is the best wrench around for miles. Nice as hell too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just curious,

Why not cut the O2 sensor harness off of the plug and then lock it back into place? It should be waterproof, and you're probably not planning on putting the sensor back on, right?

Ken

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
gnostic203 said:
Cool definitely let me know if youre back this way, I'll show you some of the most beautiful desert around.

If you're talking about Mike Lancaster the guy is the best wrench around for miles. Nice as hell too.
Yea Mike thats him. Top bloke. I wish I had a mechanic in my area like him! [thumbsup]

Rob

·
Registered
943 Posts
KenSwift said:
Just curious,

Why not cut the O2 sensor harness off of the plug and then lock it back into place? It should be waterproof, and you're probably not planning on putting the sensor back on, right?

Ken
I could be wrong here but the PCIII that is being developed is going to be designed to use the o2 sensor. If not then we could technically use a PCIII from a non-o2 sensor equipped DS1000 motor (411 model I think)..

<hides>

·
Registered
241 Posts
gnostic203 said:
I could be wrong here but the PCIII that is being developed is going to be designed to use the o2 sensor. If not then we could technically use a PCIII from a non-o2 sensor equipped DS1000 motor (411 model I think)..

<hides>
If the PCIII ends up using the o2 sensor, that will be great (my Arrow has a bung for the sensor and I haven't yet cut it myself).

I'll keep my fingers crossed for it to come out soon.

Ken

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gnostic203 said:
I'm running the 1717-411 listed for the '03-'04 Ducati 1000.

Seem's to work just fine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sieg said:

What map are you using and what mods to bike?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KenSwift said:
What map are you using and what mods to bike?

Thanks,
Ken
Ken,

The bike has a K&N filter with stock air box lid, Spark header, and an Akrapovic slip-on. Map is custom by Big Valley Motorsports in Reno, NV.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Sieg said:

Hey Sieg can you PM me an email address I can contact you at? I'd like to talk to you about this if you dont mind.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
gnostic203 said:
Hey Sieg can you PM me an email address I can contact you at? I'd like to talk to you about this if you dont mind.

This is great! [thumbsup]

Are you running with the oxygen sensor?

I`d like to know more!

Rob

1 - 20 of 20 Posts