Yes,

Contact Duck Stew here on the board.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
Red Baron said:
Yes,

Contact Duck Stew here on the board.
This reminds me of the twilight zone with Jack Klugman as the pool shark. Everytime someone thinks they are up to the challenge they page him up in heaven. Seems like every couple of months there is the same thing with someone wanting to do a dry clutch conversion and Stu getting paged.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Just put simply this is not even close to a cost effective conversion for racing or otherwise. If you want a dry clutch you are far better off getting one of the bikes made with it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
That's a serious looking 620 [thumbsup]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cost, you want to talk about cost, all parts are new and the bike I took home in the crate. Ohlins front and rear, Brembo radial calipers and wave rotors, Brembo P2-34 rear race caliper, forged radial brake and clutch pumps, rear brake pump, Ohlins steering damper, Termi can, clip ons, bodywork, electrics, magnesium wheels, the list goes on, 11.5-1 pistons, flywheel +++++ try 40K. But this bike gives me more pleasure than my old 996R.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I hear ya, I am doing a dry clucth conversion on my 800. I will let you know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
The 1st question that comes to mind is: why, what's the point?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
kopfjager said:
That's a serious looking 620 [thumbsup]
No more than mine or fasterblks bike or any of the other 620s racing in Minnesota. Hes just put overkill forks and brakes on his.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
ducman851 said:
No more than mine or fasterblks bike or any of the other 620s racing in Minnesota. Hes just put overkill forks and brakes on his.
ohlins aren't overkill

OK they are

but

If you're gunna overkill something why not the suspension?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Mother said:
ohlins aren't overkill

OK they are

but

If you're gunna overkill something why not the suspension?
Because you can get reasonably the same results with the adjustable Showas on a bike that doesnt get ridden as hard as a Pro would ride.

The rest of us just do it for the bling man. [thumbsup]

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
ducman851 said:
//threadjack

Is there a class in MN for 620s? Or rather one where the 620s are competitive?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Norm said:
The 1st question that comes to mind is: why, what's the point?
No reason other than I want to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you know how you want your bike to perform you will go that extra bit further to be at the top. As I said it is currently a better bike than a 996R. I race in Queensland, Australia and we are resricted to a max capacity of 650cc twins, 1000cc singles, 400fours, 250 2 strokes, 125GP bikes. A 400 is 4 inches shorter and a 125GP is approx 8 inches shorter. So they both can turn quicker in theory, but the battles are amazing, and to get the top spot everything must be working spot on. No the forks are not overkill, try them and the brakes if you`re serious and find just how good they are! People ask me about braking points, I just reply that I wait untill I see ELVIS.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Spidey said:
//threadjack

Is there a class in MN for 620s? Or rather one where the 620s are competitive?
Yep, its the Ultra Light class, it contains GS500s, EX500s, any Single. Its a hoot to race in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts