Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the usual search stuff, but couldn't find anything.

Is there an official "DML Guide to dropping your motor?"

And by that I mean "getting the motor out of your frame" not "slipping and letting your motor hit the pavement from an 8th story window"

·
Registered
178 Posts
What are you dropping it out of?

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
I'd say you should be able to support the motor from underneath, disconnect everything you need to, and then use ratchet straps/etc to lift the frame off of the motor.

Justin

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DrunkenMonkey said:
And by that I mean "getting the motor out of your frame" not "slipping and letting your motor hit the pavement from an 8th story window"
sjjkennedy said:
What are you dropping it out of?
Let me guess... it took you all day to come up with that joke even after reading my original post... ::)

Edit: Hey, my bike description is gone from my sig! So if you meant "what bike" it's from an '01 900

·
Registered
178 Posts
DrunkenMonkey said:
Let me guess... it took you all day to come up with that joke even after reading my original post... ::)

Edit: Hey, my bike description is gone from my sig! So if you meant "what bike" it's from an '01 900
Yip, but hey, we've got thick skin here down-under [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Use a rear stand & then support the rest of the bike from under the motor. Unbolt, unplup, cut, tear, everything out that interferes with frame detachement & then just lift it off. It only weighs 25-35 lbs depending on the year. Now, while you're at it.................................

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I will do the same this winter.

I plan to lift the entire bike by the frame with a "cherry-picker" strip off the suspension etc, lower the motor to the ground then detach and lift the frame off.

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
To take the motor in and out of the tigerbike, Tigre just got a couple cinder blocks and four 2x4 pieces (nailed together to form a rectangle). Put a fleece or blanket over the 2x4s and rest the wooden rectangle thing in the cinderblocks. Use a front and rear stand to drop the motor. It was pretty stable, actually.

He may still have his simple wooden contraption if you wanna stop by his place and pick it up.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spidey said:
He may still have his simple wooden contraption if you wanna stop by his place and pick it up.
It's not like he's in any shape to stop me from taking it ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts