Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
$2,430.56 is what I was quoted for a replacement OEM tank whenever my bike fell over.

I instead had a body shop repair it for under $500.00.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Don't worry dude, it happens, LOL, but you know, if its too much to handle, i can always take it off your hands, HAHAHA!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
If i'm not mistaken, you could have the ride height adjusted, well that is what have read in my M400 manual

·
Registered
780 Posts
I dropped my Harley on my left leg inside my barn, 100 yards from the house. I couldn't get at my phone, it was pinned under me in my pocket. I was in serious pain and couldn't budge the bike, but i knew my wife wouldn't look for me for hours. Finally managed to free my phone and call wifey. It seemed like it took forever for her to get there. Not much damage to the bike, my leg saved it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
thank you all. the insurance e company is paying everything, no dispute. Foremost Insurance is a great company. I rate insurance companies on how they pay. Foremost had all the money in my account in 2 days. Not only did they have the cheapest rate, they actually pay. You can ask for no more than that. I recommend Foremost to anyone with a motorcycle! parts are on order and hopefully will be here next week. the tank is on order and i hope to find out by friday if it's on the way or when it might be. i can ride it around with the tank if all else is fixed. the stock silencer is $2200. termis $1800. wonder which way i went. lol. i will just have to suck it up and enjoy my new bike fixed. the mechanic at my shop that is putting it together is their best and is meticulous and kind. with the xds he called me when he finished a service and just discussed what he did and everything was good. that's above and beyond. he put on a radiator grill and removed the xds cowl to do it. the bolts were not even marred. it looked as if it hat never been off the bike. hopefully i'll be riding by the end of next week or the next. i live in the northeast so we have a season. i need to put on enough miles for my first service. ride safe.

·
Registered
533 Posts
thank you all. the insurance e company is paying everything, no dispute. parts are on order and hopefully will be here next week. the tank is on order and i hope to find out by friday if it's on the way or when it might be. i can ride it around with the tank if all else is fixed. the stock silencer is $2200. termis $1800. wonder which way i went. lol. i will just have to suck it up and enjoy my new bike fixed. the mechanic at my shop that is putting it together is their best and is meticulous and kind. with the xds he called me when he finished a service and just discussed what he did and everything was good. that's above and beyond. he put on a radiator grill and removed the xds cowl to do it. the bolts were not even marred. it looked as if it hat never been off the bike. hopefully i'll be riding by the end of next week or the next. i live in the northeast so we have a season. i need to put on enough miles for my first service. ride safe.
Why didn't I think of this?!? I can get new Termis, maybe some new mirrors, footpegs, etc. My deductible is only $300, so this is way cheaper than buying it all myself!

Hello; Allstate? :devil

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Foremost Insurance Company Pays Everything

Foremost Insurance is a great company. I rate insurance companies on how they pay. Foremost had all the money in my account in 2 days. No dispute with my dealer on any parts or hours or tow. Not only did they have the cheapest rate, they actually pay. You can ask for no more than that. I recommend Foremost to anyone with a motorcycle! A few years ago I had a claim with Progressive and they were the same. Paid immediately all the adjuster requested. Foremost and Progressive are honorable companies that pay on their claims fairly and immediately. That's just my 2 cents. We buy insurance not to get the best deal but to get paid , if we need to use them. These 2 I can personally recommend. The only reason I did not get progressive is that their premium was 50% more for the exact same coverage. My agent is also the best. He looked out for me with boosting my coverage for my own protection, especially with liability and physical damage. I hope you all never need to use insurance but if you do, these 2 companies are worth a quote as they make the process as painless as possible. Safe riding. My fingers crossed on my parts making it from Italy asap. i am missing my daily rides and waxing, cleaning my bike. It's therapy as well as a great big smile while riding.

·
Registered
67 Posts
in my experience if you really want to drop a bike to cause maximum damage for minimum speed...

Leave the disk lock on!

"I wouldn't crash my bike any other way now" Says Mr Thicky from UK

Yes Disk Locks: stopping your bike being worth stealing for 15 years!

·
Banned
45 Posts
...This may be cold comfort, but most of us have dropped our bike at one point in time....
Years ago I owned a '76 SS Bevel, Imola tank. Taking it off the centre stand in the garage to go for a ride and it overbalanced and fell away from me, tank landed on the footpeg of my Dad's dirtbike...luckily it just took some paint off but the feeling as it was going over and I realised I couldn't catch it...horrible...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ducati sent wrong parts

thank you all. the insurance e company is paying everything, no dispute. Foremost Insurance is a great company. I rate insurance companies on how they pay. Foremost had all the money in my account in 2 days. Not only did they have the cheapest rate, they actually pay. You can ask for no more than that. I recommend Foremost to anyone with a motorcycle! parts are on order and hopefully will be here next week. the tank is on order and i hope to find out by friday if it's on the way or when it might be. i can ride it around with the tank if all else is fixed. the stock silencer is $2200. termis $1800. wonder which way i went. lol. i will just have to suck it up and enjoy my new bike fixed. the mechanic at my shop that is putting it together is their best and is meticulous and kind. with the xds he called me when he finished a service and just discussed what he did and everything was good. that's above and beyond. he put on a radiator grill and removed the xds cowl to do it. the bolts were not even marred. it looked as if it hat never been off the bike. hopefully i'll be riding by the end of next week or the next. i live in the northeast so we have a season. i need to put on enough miles for my first service. ride safe.
well all my parts arrived this week. the dealer started taking my bike apart and just realized that ducati sent the wrong handlebars and termi exhaust. those 2 pieces were for another bike. WTF ducati. i can't believe this ****. i'm down for another week at least. riding weather is coming to a slowdown and end. oh well there's nothing to do about it.
:crying

·
Registered
41 Posts
It is not very hard to pu a bike on a beautiful level service but try it on the right away going downhill with gravel or thick grass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
I totally feel ya bro, I dropped my monster about a week after I got mine because it was slick outside :( I also had just gotten my Motorcycle license and this is my first bike ever (M696), this was 2 months ago. My damage was not nearly as bad as yours, but still I probably felt just as sick as when you dropped your baby :(

·
Registered
181 Posts
I gotta tell you something funny that happened me to many years ago related to this:

1. I talked complete **** about buying a brand new yellow 996. None of my friends thought I would pull the trigger. Jokes on them, I bought one. It was when they first came out.
2. I show up at local bike night, packed with riders. They see me, freaked out, and as I pulled into an empty space, at least 20 pals encircled me in excitement.
3. So I cut off the bike while sitting on it, take my helmet off and place it over the mirror. Sitting there straddling my new awesomeness. Braggart level +100. goodfeelsbro.jpg
4. 20 feet to my right, a young kid pulls up into an empty spot on a Honda Shadow. He goes to get off of his bike from the right side. Bike falls over. Kid is humiliated. People laughing. Poor kid!
5. I immediately jump off of the right side of my bike to run over to his bike to help him pick it up. I felt for the kid, I had been there myself.
6. As I was running to his bike, he passes me running in the opposite direction. WTF kid?!
7. As I get to his bike, I grab it and turn around to see where he went. I yelled "what the **** moron, come help pick up your own ****in' bike!".
8. He was picking up MY bike. I had never put my kickstand down as I was running my yap like a braggart. And this total noob riding kid felt so bad, he said "**** my Honda! You dropped your Ducati!".

We both laughed, everyone laughed at the situation. And I learned an $1800 lesson - 996 plastics are ****in' expensive, put the damn kickstand down and get off the bike BEFORE flappin' yer yap.

Sorry that happened to you man.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I gotta tell you something funny that happened me to many years ago related to this:

1. I talked complete **** about buying a brand new yellow 996. None of my friends thought I would pull the trigger. Jokes on them, I bought one. It was when they first came out.

2. I show up at local bike night, packed with riders. They see me, freaked out, and as I pulled into an empty space, at least 20 pals encircled me in excitement.

3. So I cut off the bike while sitting on it, take my helmet off and place it over the mirror. Sitting there straddling my new awesomeness. Braggart level +100. goodfeelsbro.jpg

4. 20 feet to my right, a young kid pulls up into an empty spot on a Honda Shadow. He goes to get off of his bike from the right side. Bike falls over. Kid is humiliated. People laughing. Poor kid!

5. I immediately jump off of the right side of my bike to run over to his bike to help him pick it up. I felt for the kid, I had been there myself.

6. As I was running to his bike, he passes me running in the opposite direction. WTF kid?!

7. As I get to his bike, I grab it and turn around to see where he went. I yelled "what the **** moron, come help pick up your own ****in' bike!".

8. He was picking up MY bike. I had never put my kickstand down as I was running my yap like a braggart. And this total noob riding kid felt so bad, he said "**** my Honda! You dropped your Ducati!".

We both laughed, everyone laughed at the situation. And I learned an $1800 lesson - 996 plastics are ****in' expensive, put the damn kickstand down and get off the bike BEFORE flappin' yer yap.

Sorry that happened to you man.

That’s an awesome story. Thanks for sharing. Had me laughing out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 41 Posts