Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
3,677 Posts
I have an old helmet (RF-700) and a new one (RF-800). The old one was getting worn in the liner and doesn't fit quite as snugly, which is why I bought the new one. I wear the old one for short trips, typically under 10 miles, and when the helmet is likely to get banged around while I'm out. I wear the new one on all of the more serious rides.

The old one has never hit the ground with a head in it, but it's been dropped a few times and banged around quite a bit. There are small scratches and gouges in several places on it. I'm not too concerned with how well it will protect if I manage to fall off my bike while running around town. I know the foam padding will absorbe the impact and the hard shell should still work well for abrasion protection.

All I can say is be more careful with your helmet so that you don't drop it again, but I wouldn't buy another one just for that.

· Banned
3,677 Posts
If you want to know how Arai (and everyone else) tests their helmets, check out the Snell Foundation web site: http://www.smf.org/testing.html. I can't imagine how dropping a helmet 40 feet or 100 feet proves much about how the helmet will protect you in a typical motorcycle crash.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.