Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
51,206 Posts
the word is if you drop your helmet get a new one. my friend took a chunk out of his Aria (fiberglass showing) and called them about getting it inspected. the tech he spoke to said all they do is visually look at it, and if there is no spidering and the fiberglass is intact they call it still usable.

i do think there could be a deformation of the styrofoam if the shell dented in during the fall. since you would not be able to see this there could be a lack of integrity if you hit in the same spot.

gotta say i don't really know the answer, just trying to give some food for thought.

i am getting my helmet X rayed in September since i have crashed against my basement ceiling.

· Registered
51,206 Posts
OT, the people who are going to X ray my helmet teach radiology. they are interested in doing it to gain knowledge in plastics. since they are showing up sa replacement parts in the human body. yes, you are right, the translucent property is a problem. after this is done, i will post

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.