Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm assuming that since the tap water kinda tastes and smells like the toilet that it's treated, 'reclaimed' wastewater?
any thoughts?

no one has said anything to me about this, but i'm curious...it was the same in lost angeles when i lived there; they said that about 40 percent of the tap water was treated sewage in '00.

i cannot bring myself to cook with it or let me border collie drink it....so i am buying tons of water at the store for both of us :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
I *knew* there was something funny about you...

You're a water-snob!!!

//I drink the tap water.
//Jen uses a Brita filter.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Tap water is safe to drink in Arizona, it just tastes really nasty. I moved here from the mid-west where our municipal water came from underground aquifers, so was naturally filtered before going through treatment plants and tasted wonderful. The water here comes from the Colorado River which is a surface water supply, and is held in huge reservoirs, those things we call lakes out here and you know what fish do in that. ;) Just do like everyone else does, get a water delivery service i.e Arrowhead, Culligan, Crystal, etc for drinking or just buy it at the grocery store.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
My cats drink tap water. But they also lick the sack where their balls used to be.

+1 get a filter. My fridge as one built in, feeds the ice maker too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
swerdna said:
I *knew* there was something funny about you...
You're a water-snob!!!
[laugh] [laugh] ....yup! :)

SheMonster said:
Just do like everyone else does, get a water delivery service i.e Arrowhead, Culligan, Crystal, etc for drinking or just buy it at the grocery store.
yeah, i'm thinking about this or just getting a PUR filter for the kitchen tap, thanks SheMonst :)

rule62 said:
My cats drink tap water. But they also lick the sack where their balls used to be.
[laugh] unfortunately my dog is also a water snob ;)

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Arizona does not use reclaimed water for household plumbing. It is plumbed using different lines to freeway irrigation or large landscaping areas such as golf courses. Buyers get a slight break on the price because of what it is, but with my water sanitation and purification knowledge (Govt training) reclaimed water is no different from a chemical standpoint.

That said, AZ over chlorinates their water. I use O Premium as my drinking water provider.

I am a water snob too, but come on, you're supposed to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day for proper hydration, skin health, flushing out impurities, etc. It's a lot easier when the water doesn't taste like it came from a swimming pool...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NAKID said:
Arizona does not use reclaimed water for household plumbing.....

eeeexxccelllent! >:D

NAKID said:
I am a water snob too, but come on, you're supposed to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day for proper hydration, skin health, flushing out impurities, etc. It's a lot easier when the water doesn't taste like it came from a swimming pool...
hell, i drink over a gallon every day, easily. i am going to have to get the stuff delivered b/c i'm having to go to the store too often...

thanks for the thoughts everyone :) the tap tastes like ass, but at least i know i can drink it in a pinch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NAKID said:
That said, AZ over chlorinates their water.....
now that you mention 'over-chlorination' i think that's what i'm smelling... :p

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Do put a filter on your refrigerator as well, otherwise as your ice cubes melt you will have a layer of yuck in the bottom of your glass :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SheMonster said:
Do put a filter on your refrigerator as well, otherwise as your ice cubes melt you will have a layer of yuck in the bottom of your glass :p

okay, now i'm creeped out again.

[laugh]

·
Registered
323 Posts
SheMonster said:
And calcium. The water hardness is off the charts. :p
I am lactose intolerant... can't drink milk. I'm glad to hear that there is a lot of calcium in the water. I'm always looking for sources of extra calcium. [cheeky]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you could go to the beach and start gnawing on clam-shells... [laugh]

·
Registered
14 Posts
We use a PUR filter on the kitchen sink that then goes into a second PUR filtering pitcher in the refridgerator. It tastes as good if not better then bottled water and my wife is a huge water snob!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
swerdna said:
I am lactose intolerant... can't drink milk. I'm glad to hear that there is a lot of calcium in the water. I'm always looking for sources of extra calcium. [cheeky]
Hey, I'm the king of calcium now. Broken bones need lots of minerals to grow. I take a multi vit with 35%DV calcium, then a calcium supplement with 60%DV then I drink at least one glass of milk everyday...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NAKID said:
Hey, I'm the king of calcium now. Broken bones need lots of minerals to grow. I take a multi vit with 35%DV calcium, then a calcium supplement with 60%DV then I drink at least one glass of milk everyday...

at that pace you're gonna turn into an oyster [laugh]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
freakinhippie said:
We use a PUR filter on the kitchen sink that then goes into a second PUR filtering pitcher in the refridgerator. It tastes as good if not better then bottled water and my wife is a huge water snob!
hahaa....that's kinda what i was thinking :) i've been using my katadyn hiker for the time being >:D

Attachments

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Bergweiserus said:
hahaa....that's kinda what i was thinking :) i've been using my katadyn hiker for the time being >:D

Aren't those things only good for about 5-6 gallons before you have to replace the filter?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts