Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #2
My buddy got some they are kevlar re-inforced jeans,
and when it get hot, he sweats in them...
But we are in Mississippi and it get hot over here...

Robert

·
Registered
915 Posts
I was considering some too...but check out http://www.sportbikes.net/ go to the gear forums and do a search, you will get a ton of hits and most of the info comes up that they aren't worth the money....if you've never been to the site its full of stunters and other racers but if you read thru the chaff you can get some decent info.

gnew

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I wear them often. I would not try to convince anyone of their safety but I feel certain they are better than jeans. Little if any air passes through the reinforced areas so they are hotter than jeans but probably cooler than most riding pants. They offer no padding but I think they would protect against rash. The Keprotek lining, a variant of Kevlar is the same used in many big brand jackets, including Vanson and Teknic.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
you plannin' on wearing them just to tool around town? I have a pair of ballistic jeans - pretty nice and cool. I don't wear them when I go on weekend rides or if I go out to the twisties.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I'd probably use them mostly for riding into work, which is about 30 miles each way on winding country roads, with little traffic.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
when kevlar first came commercial in the form of climbing
webs and slings, we were warned to NOT get grit
or dust into the strands. we were told that kevlar
has a very high tensile strength, but is not abbrasion
resistant and that any dust / dirt would sever the
individual strands and weaken the material. it may
be that the conventional wisdom has changed (that
was about 20 years ago!), but i never trust my a$$ to
textiles. go for leather and put your work pants in