Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the DP tach kit and everything went smooth and looks nice.... (thanks to Scott N for his cheat sheet) EXCEPT the idiot lights during the day. These lights are useless in bright sunlight :mad: I know the stock lights were not great but you could still tell if your signals were on, kick stand down ect...

Also-- I noticed that the little numbers on the wires did not match the numbers on the tach kit housing... ???

Just curious if anyone has this problem with their DP tach kit or your stock OEM idiot lights?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I used to have to shade the instrument panel with my hand to see if the low fuel light was on or not. On a Monster, you can just look at the front signal to tell if it's on. Or do what I have done on all my bikes and just hit the cancel button one more time rather than looking at some stupid light. Then you know for sure that it's off.

There was a post probably a month ago about how to put little white tubes in with the lights to make them brighter. You might want to do a search either here or in the Tech section.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I installed a DP tach kit and that had white "holes" where the idiot lights are. So they shine very bright and easy to spot in sunlight. So maybe i have a "new model" tach kit ?? The whole "pod" where the bulbs are is white. Maybde DP has changed the tach kit cuz of the bad light in direct sunlight.........??

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
just installed my DP tach kit too...
I had the white holes....I can see them during the day cause I can actually see the filament in the bulb right behind the idiot light symbol...not much light really...just a bright spot where the filament is...

and...the numbers are useless!...what is up with that?...I mean how hard can it be to get those numbers right...

I mean I will make a new number template for them and send it to ducati if they want ::)...it would take one of the people where these are manufactured 5 minutes to get that right...

Love the tach though..it is sweet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts