Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the DP CF tail section on my S4R tonight. It really took me quite a while and still isnt quite done because the rear light is interfering with my Sargent seat and the seat wont latch. I think if I get some spacers I can mount the light back a bit. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas ???

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Humungus: I had an INITIAL problem just like that when I simply chnaged from my stock S4 seat to the Ducati "lower" seat. At first, it was very hard to unlock the new seat, but after I rode the bike for 7 hours one day, problem disappeared as the seat adapted to the bike.

In the interim couple of days, I found that pushing down and forward on the back edge of the seat while locking or unlocking it made it a lot easier.

Don't know if your problem is the same or not, but that's what happened with my seat.

Jim G

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
hey humungous....so you gave the install a whirl last night...hmmm

I will have to speck it out this weekend or something.

Sorry to hear your havin a little bit of a fittment issue...I am sure you will get it straightened out... ;D

talk to you later...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Duckets !! I'm hoping a bit of dremel work will fix it up. If not, I'm sure you'll think of something for me ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I used my dremel to cut out a 1/2 " shelf underneath my seat to clear room so the top of the taillight fits in there. So I guess its complete. I like the look of the abreviated tail piece a lot better than the stock version, however it's not as clean looking as a real tail chop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts