Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I'd like to get the DP high-mount exhaust.
I think I like the looks (and cost) of the aluminium version better, but I'm worried about them being too hot for the passenger.
Are the alum. cans too hot? Are the CF ones significantly cooler? Please advise.

Also I keep hearing that with the open airbox you get more noise. What kind of noise is it? and why?

Thanks a lot for your help.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want a set of the new ones- 02 and newer- in carbon, order them right now. DNA has been out for a while, they had two today, one's on the way for me, leaving one, and Italy takes August off...

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys, I still haven't found weather the metal cans are too hot to endanger a passenger.

My dealer suggested to get the DP cans because if they install them then they and the bike come with 2 years warranty. Thoughts?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you'll be fine with aluminum. I have Ti (not the same, but close) high pipes on the monster, and have had no complaints from the passenger.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of DP exhausts. I tried one on my SS, but was completely nonplussed. The fit was marginal and the quality of the cans was just awful. I've seen more consistent stuff from LeoVinci, Arrow and a few of the other popular aftermarket companies. I also think a two year warranty on an exhaust -- especially an aluminum one -- isn't much of a selling point. Unless you buy complete crap, what's going to break in two years?

MO. YMMV. Etc.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey V-Dude! Something to think about: Some high mounts don't allow you to keep the passenger pegs because of fit. The FBF's at Motostrano say you can. Also, I think if the CF won't melt, neither should your passenger's legs. :eek: I'm not sure since I don't have any...yet! ;D A lot of people have high mounts, why don't you scan the gallery and send a personal message to someone who does.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks GMan and Tim

You have valid points. I have seen the alu DP (Remus) hi-mount on a 03 620 at the dealer, I even rode as a passenger and driver. So the footpegs were itact.
Sound was nice! Don't remember about the fit and quality, nothing seemed obviously wrong.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
VoyagerDude,

The intake noise is kind of a honking sound. Like a goose, not a car horn.

Try taking your airbox lid off, and (carefully) taping the air filter to the airbox base. Go for a short ride to experience the sound.

Don't ride it hard or for very long, as it's going to be running lean.
You'll get an idea of how you like the sound.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have stainless Termis on a 696. They are too hot to touch (obviously) when riding but the radiant heat is nothing to be concerned with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts