Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yaahoo. I just picked up a DP carbon damper from a local dealer for $370 maked down from $660. I installed it in about 45min. I now have the CycleCat clip-ons so the only problem is the CC adapter hits the arm of the damper mount when turning the bars all the way to the right. I should be able to fix this relatively easily (grammar?). The damper seams to have a lot of adjustablity but I haven't ridden with it yet. I am still waiting to get my powdercoated spring and clutch cover back. Looks great I'll post pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Re:  DP Damper installed S4 (Pics)

That's very nice! Makes me want to ditch my Ohlins damper.

O

·
0 Posts

that does look nice but i think i will keep my Ohlins RT damper. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
Re:

Do you or anyone for that matter have a picture of this. The part that's hitting isn't a bolt. It's the arm that extends from the key mount. This is the aluminum fixed point that attaches to the end of the damper. The bottom of this arm hits the top of the clip-on adapter.
Scott wasn't too clear. Your arm is hitting just where it's supposed to... ::)

No pic handy, but the new CycleCat arm does not look materially different, just different enough not to hit. You don't really have a choice, buy it. It's about $100. You may have to loosen the clamp, and adjust the damper tube left or right as part of the installation...

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Oh I get it! They replace the arm itself. I'm thinking I'll try to grind some clearance off the arm. It should be plenty strong because there is no torsional load on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts