Are you talking about the Ducati touring seat from sargeant? If so it has more width, comfort, a little more height especially so, from some of the newer seats with the scooped out seats and a little more raised area in the front near the tank....
it hasn't impeded me from being closer or further than stock. and has of course more room for tools and is boatloads more comfortable
- Sargent offers a nice little container that holds my
insurance/registration and a couple of small hand tools
- It also has a set of nice hooks to clip straps to.
- The seat angles my body more upright so wrist discomfort is
is a touch less.
- I don't slide into the tank
- I'm a bit higher up so my knees are not as tucked up
- less groin numbing vibration
I rode for about an hour and a half a few weeks ago, soon after buying it. Normally the stock seat gets uncomfortable for me after about 45 minutes. Not painful but I start to wiggle around more. With the sargent seat I was as comfortable as can be. It does have a slightly wide butt profile so it feels funny at first but you quickly get use to it.